Ping pong has become one of the most popular games nowadays. People all over the world love to play it, but they got confused while buying the best ping pong table under 200. In this blog post, I will discuss the 6 top brands that offer quality products and provide you with a few recommendations. This list includes Stiga, GoSports, Joola, and many recognized brands.
Many people are unaware that there are many different types of tables available on the market today. These include outdoor tables, indoor tables (with or without nets), competition-grade tournaments grade tables made from wood or aluminum composite material, and inexpensive options that can be found at most department stores.
Therefore, if you want to make the most out of ping pong, investing in a quality ping pong table is a no-brainer. Luckily, you don’t have to spend a fortune to get the right table for your needs.
Below, we highlight the 6 top quality ping pong tables you can buy for only under $200:
Top 6 Ping Pong Table Under 200
- MD Sports Table Tennis Set: Regulation Ping Pong Table with Net is best for durable quality, space-saving storage and quite affordable for a standard-sized table
- STIGA Space Saver Table Tennis Table is best for sturdy legs and frames, Foldable design and quality material
- GoSports Mid-Size Table Tennis Game Set is best for easy assembly, high quality and easy to transport
- JOOLA Indoor 15mm Ping Pong Table is best for protective corner caps to avoid scratches
- JOOLA Compact Midsize Ping Pong Table is best for price, quality and good to use indoor or outdoor
- STIGA Space Saver Table Tennis Table is best for adjustable height and preassembled
Detailed Product Reviews of the 6 Best Ping Pong Table Under 200
If you want to sharpen your table tennis skills, the Regulation Ping Pong table is the one for you. The table is safe and sturdy since it’s made of concrete and steel frames. It has a standard size with a 15-mm wide play area which falls within the recommended slab of thickness. The tabletop’s thickness plays the leading role in determining optimal and consistent ball bounce, which makes it a vital feature. For the provision of better stability, an apron has also been added underneath that 15 mm thick wood surface. Moreover, it includes 1-1/5 inches aprons as a protective layer.
However, the table is not easy to move, transport, or store because it comes with lockable wheels and corner caps protection. You can instead store it securely by putting it on the buckle and safety lock. It also comes with a complete downloadable 3D interactive instruction guide for faster assembly.
Below are its amazing features:
- Dimension: 108 x 60 x 30 inches
- Folded Dimensions: 73 x 60 x 16”
- Product Weight: 114.6 lbs.
- Color: Light Blue and Black
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Accessory: Two paddles, one net, two balls, and one post set
- Table apron: 1-1/5 inches
- Playfield: 15 mm thick
- Playfield color: 5/8 yellow, blue, and black
- Caster: two lockable wheels
- Assembly Guide: 3D Interactive instruction guide
- Other: Steel leg frames
The table comes as a set, including a post set, two balls, a net, and two paddles. This means you don’t have to worry about buying every item that you need for playing.
Additionally, it’s quick and easy to store in the house without consuming a lot of space. Indeed, this table tennis set allows you and your family, even your kids and parents, to play a game of ping pong anywhere inside or outside of your house.
With MD Sports Table Tennis Set single-player feature, this problem is resolved. Now, you can enjoy practicing table tennis and improving your skills during your off-hours or whenever you have time. MD Sports Table Tennis Set is foldable from each side, which means that you can fold one side and use it as a base for practicing without any playing partner.
- Durable quality
- Space-saving storage
- Quite affordable for a standard-sized table
- The assembly guide is very helpful
- Perfect for all ages
- Ideal for single-player training and perfect for home use
- Available in different colours
- Conversion top makes it flexible
- Complex and may take some time to assemble
- Table borders are prone to scratches
If you’re looking for a portable and compact ping pong table, the Space Saver by STIGA is a perfect choice. It’s an indoor table that’s designed for limited spaces. It’s also an excellent choice for ping pong enthusiasts who want to continue playing the game at home.
The table is made of the highest-grade wood (medium-density fibreboard) with a 5/8-inch tabletop. The material used is similar to official or standard-sized indoor ping pong tables, which tend to be more expensive.
Below are its impressive features:
- Dimension: 70 x 40.5 x 30”
- Thickness: 1.8”
- Product Weight: 79 lbs.
- Color: Blue
- Materials: Frame- Alloy Steel; Base: Engineered Wood
- Accessory: 38” net, post, and levelers
- MDF with 5/8 tabletop
- Silkscreen stripe print
- 1.25” Stable legs and frames
- Powder-coated paint used in each leg
- Adjustable molded legs
- Table steel apron: 1.25”
The table surface is polished with a double roller coat to give it a smooth top texture. A silkscreen stripe print also complements it on top as a finish. This makes it ideal for indoor use. Moreover, you don’t need an instruction guide since it’s quite easy to set up. Just unpack the package, unfold the table, and place it on your desired spot.
Storage is not an issue either since you can keep it in tight spaces. Additionally, the legs and frames are steady. It is because of its strong 1.25-inch steel legs that provide a stable base. The manufacturer uses powder coating to paint each leg to guarantee good quality and a stylish appearance. Just make sure to adjust the height to achieve a flat playing surface.
Each leg-end has rubber protection to avoid scratches when transporting. Lastly, the tabletop has a steel apron to offer support.
- Sturdy legs and frames
- Standard-sized table
- Foldable design
- Durable quality
- The price is right for its great features
- It can be stored conveniently and in limited spaces
- It comes with a thick tabletop to provide a great bounce
- It is pre-assembled
- Very lightweight and affordable
- Non-waterproof (recommended for indoor use only)
- Playback position is not possible
This mid-sized table set can be used either indoors or outdoors. The table is made of solid aluminum to ensure quality and durability. Its overall construction allows you to enjoy a sturdy table for smoother plays.
The table was made with plywood that can hold a bounce of a ping pong ball. This means you may need to hit the ball with a little more effort. Nevertheless, it has a smooth tabletop that provides a decent bounce during play, even for hours. It’s also available in red and blue colors.
Below are its great features:
- Dimension: 6 x 3” (mid-size)
- Folded dimension: 3 x 3 x 4”
- Product Weight: lightweight
- Color: Red and blue
- Frame Material: Heavy-duty aluminum
- Table Surface material: thin plywood
- Accessory: 2 paddles, net, and 4 balls
- Smooth surface
- With built-in handles for storage
- With zipper pouch for balls and paddles
- Narrow strips and smooth borders
- With laminated instruction guide
The midsize table measures 6 x 3 inches which are huge enough to play competitive games in. It’s very lightweight and can even be moved around without a sweat. This allows you to transport it outdoors, by the garden, or on the pool – basically anywhere you want.
It comes as a complete set which includes a net, two paddles, and four balls. The net is of good quality, while the paddles and balls are perfect for casual play.
Setting up the table is very convenient. You won’t even need an assembly guide, and the process can be done almost instantly. Simply fold the table, assemble the frames, and then set the net.
Another great feature of this table is its easy storage. Its compact design means it can be folded effortlessly and moved around with the help of its built-in handles. It’s also ideal for use in entertainment rooms, houses, or apartments with limited space.
- Assembly can be done almost instantly
- Very lightweight
- It comes with handles to carry it around
- Foldable and can fit in small areas for storage
- Durable quality and affordable
- Very easy to transport
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor play
- Excellent spin quality and bounce
- 3 years of warranty
- It might be too light on some occasions
- Not the standard size
JOOLA is a famous and trusted brand in manufacturing sports equipment, and they are known as a major contributor to the biggest sports competition worldwide. One of their products is this indoor table tennis table with a 15mm (⅝ inch) thick surface.
It has a wood composite tabletop, and its thickness allows for a continuous ball bounce that will make for a fun-filled game experience. The table measures 9×5 feet, similar to the size of an official tennis table. Its regulation table will make you feel like you are playing a tournament. Moreover, it is perfect for game rooms, community recreational areas, homes, and office setups.
Below are its extraordinary features:
- Dimension: 76.77” L x 34.65” W x 6.69” H
- Product Weight: 129 lbs.
- Color: Quadri color
- Table Surface Material: Wood composite
- Table surface size: 15mm
- Frame Material: Alloy Steel
- Accessory: Net, post, and a removable clamp post
- Table apron: 1.5”
- Steel legs: 1.5”
- Height levelers (adjustable)
- 3” caster wheel
- Dual lock devices
It is built with adjustable levelers and powder-coated steel legs (1.5-inch diameter) to deliver a stable playing surface. It also has a good-quality table apron and 3-inch caster wheels with locks to ensure stability. The table has corner protectors and wheels to avoid dents, which the manufacturer designed to prevent scratches.
Moreover, you can separate the table into two halves, and it can also be used in different ways. This allows you to play on your own by doing a solo playback position. You can transport the table halves easily by folding them into an even more compact size.
For storage, simply fold it and use its dual lock devices.
The set has an assembly guide with detailed instructions to follow. Setting it up is fairly easy. With JOOLA, you’re always assured that they will provide durable quality sports equipment with customer satisfaction as their priority.
- It can be separated into two halves for a solo playback position
- Easy to assemble
- Durable quality
- Includes protective corner caps to avoid scratches
- Safe to use with its installed dual lock devices
- Convenient to move around
- Features a solid steel construction for stability
- Intended for indoor use only
- A bit too heavy compared to other tables
As mentioned, JOOLA has been a trusted brand by ping pong lovers for more than 60 years. First launched way back in the 1950s, JOOLA continues to sponsor tournaments globally, including the US Open, World Championships, and Olympics. Whether you are a novice or an expert player, this table is ideal for you.
The compact, midsize table can be used for different purposes. Aside from ping pong, you can also use it when playing board games, crafts, poker, other table games, or even when having coffee. Most importantly, it is excellent ping pong equipment for adults and kids.
Below are its amazing features:
- Dimensions: 72 x 36” (2/3rds of the standard table size)
- Table height: 30”
- Made of best quality materials
- Pre-connected and preassembled folding legs
- It can be used for different purposes (e.g., board games, game night, etc.)
- Legs are intact and can be locked into the table
- Each table half is square and self-sufficient
- It can be easily stored in any kind of closet or even under your bed
- It does not require assembly
- Can be easily folded and unfolded
- Good for both novice and professional players
- Durable and Long-lasting
You don’t need to assemble this ping pong table since it comes 100% preassembled. The two halves of the table have legs that you can separate and easily fold for easy storage. You can store it under your bed or in your closet with a 36 by 36 inches dimension.
The table has a standard height and can fit small spaces like dorm rooms, basements, kid rooms, or apartments. It will feel like playing on a standard-sized table but just two-thirds of its usual size.
- Right for its price and quality
- Perfect gift for family and friends
- Easy to store
- Good to use indoor or outdoor
- Sturdy and hard-wearing
- Can fit in a small room or apartment
- Half of the table can be used for different purposes
- May need to use some screws (included) to assemble the net
- Prone to scratches
If you think your space is too small for a ping pong table, then think again! The Space Saver table can fit in small-sized rooms (e.g., basement, dorm room, or kid’s room), so you can play even in tight spaces. This set is inclusive of a compact table, leg levelers, and a net system.
However, balls and rackets are not part of the package. If you already have rackets and balls, you will only need this item to complete your set.
The table, when assembled, measures 70 x 40.5 x 30 inches. It weighs 79 pounds and has a thickness of 1.8 inches. Luckily, you don’t even need to assemble upon arrival. All you need to do is unpack the package, unfold your table, and then place it in a spot you want to play in.
Below are its incredible features:
- Dimension: 70 x 40.5 x 30”
- Individual half dimension: 35.5 x 40.5 x 30”
- Folded dimension: 35.5 x 40.5 x 3.6”
- Product weight: 79 lbs.
- Table thickness: 1.8”
- Inclusive of leg levelers and net
- No need to assemble
- Smooth tabletop with silkscreen striping
- Good for indoor playing
- Solid 1.25” steel welded legs
- Powder-coated legs
- Leg levelers to protect your floor from scratches
The tabletop is smooth and finished using a coating process that involves a silkscreen striping on top for an excellent finish. However, this ping pong table is only good for indoor playing due to a lack of waterproofing.
Nevertheless, its solid 1.25-inch steel and square welded legs create a sturdy base. Also, the legs are powder coated to add to its overall sturdiness. Moreover, the leg levelers will protect your floor from scratches. Just make sure to keep the table height aligned to achieve a flat surface to play on.
- Compact size (good for small spaces)
- Full-sized table
- The legs are sturdy and square
- Adjustable table height
- Aesthetically pleasant and made of the high-quality materials
- Preassembled, so no assembly needed
- Easy to store
- You might need to tighten the screws to make it more stable
- A bit heavy to carry
Things to Consider before buying the Best Ping Pong Table under 200
Choosing the right table can be a crucial task keeping in view how many choices are available in the market. To get your hand on the best quality of ping pong table, you have to keep in mind your specific requirements and some essential basics to consider, as discussed below.
Usage of the Table
The intended purpose of buying the ping pong table should be accessed whether you are looking for an outdoor ping pong table or an indoor one.
In most cases, you will find table tennis to be played indoors, but it can be played outdoors, keeping some precautionary measures in mind. For instance, the outdoor climate condition should be a calm and dry one.
To set a rule of thumb, you should only consider buying outdoor models of ping pong table if you are sure of its usage outside only and not indoors.
Collapsible or Folding Feature
It would help you consider which space you are going to dedicate for your ping pong table as it will require ample playing space. People usually want to dedicate a separate room for this purpose, but the actual case is quite the opposite. To resolve this issue, you should look for a collapsibility feature in ping pong tables with which you will be able to fold and set aside the table conveniently.
Who will play on the ping pong table is another factor to consider. For beginners, you don’t need higher-end models; instead, you will need durability and character in your ping pong table. Otherwise, if you buy high-end ping pong tables, it may not last longer than a normal one due to such rough usage. Likewise, if you are purchasing a ping pong table for a sports center or an office, the same should be expected as people tend to not care much for things or equipment they do not personally own. Therefore, you should focus on durability more than surface quality in such cases.
Another aspect to consider is the affordability factor of the equipment. You can get the best budget ping pong table with a few hundred dollars to superior quality ones worth several thousand dollars. It all depends on how much you are willing to spend on it.
We’ll recommend that whatever your budget is, do not go overboard for superficial reasons or later you may be frustrated to have spent extra money on unnecessary equipment. Play with economics when buying. Plan your purchase and stick to it.
Again, you need to cater to your requirements, which can be very specific if you organize a table tennis tournament with standard playing rules. Regulation models of ping pong tables usually are made up of wood, which is a continuous and single piece.
You need to look for the table with balanced performance between price and how close these are to your specific standard requirements.
For regular usage, you need to access if you have a storage issue. In that case, you should focus on getting a ping pong table with the folding specification.
Standard dimensions of a ping pong table are another factor to look for. As per ITTF standards, ping pong tables should have a standard size of 2.74 meters in length, 1.525 meters in width, and 76 cm in height. The standard thickness is 25 mm, but less thickness can be found depending on the ping pong table’s quality. Net size has a measurement of 1.83 meters in length and 15.25 cm in height.
If you are interested in getting a table for recreational family weekend games, you can free yourself from bothering with such details. However, it would be the opposite when it comes to a table tennis tournament.
Strength of the Frame
How much sturdy your ping pong table is can be determined by analyzing if it comes with a steel frame and massive duty structure. Steel, being more durable than aluminum, is perfect for providing long-term strength to the table. It will determine if it can bear weight or not. It would help if you also looked for a table with having rust-free undercarriage.
A durable frame ensures that, if faced with extra force during a recreational family game, the table can take the pressure and provide maximum support.
Surface Quality and Thickness
Experts have a consensus over surface quality and thickness of ping pong tabletop. The reason for being the key things to generate and maximize ball bounce. Not only bounce off the ball but extra spin techniques are used by most players. Because it also depends to some degree on the tabletop.
If you are aware of what impact a ping pong table can have on your performance, consider yourself a serious player. Or else you want to enhance your skill set by trying different playing techniques. You need to carefully analyze your table’s thickness and quality factor before buying.
To sum up, look for a table with the best combination of all the features such as color, design, smoothness of top, thickness, standard dimensions, top coating, price, and overall quality.
Frequently Asked Question
We have gathered some of the frequently asked questions for your quick read. It is often asked in related forums, and people are getting confused regarding these common queries before they buy the ping pong table. We hope that these answers will resolve most of your questions related to high-end ping pong tables.
Q.1: Will you recommend using an indoor table outdoors?
Ans.: Well, in theory, it may not seem objectionable to use your indoor ping pong table outside. However, one must be very careful with that as tables with a medium-density fiberboard are more prone to react to moisture, causing severe damage to the table’s surface.
Q.2: How much a used ping pong table will cost?
Ans.: The cost of a used table depends on the model and condition of the table. For a rough idea, you should keep a few hundred less in mind than the original one. Some online markets sell reconditioned tables, which could be a better option to pick from.
Q.3: How much difference is there in an affordable table and an expensive one?
Ans.: Expensive ping pong tables are costly for a reason. These have superior quality thicker panels, which enable the ball to bounce in a better way. These have way better and robust legs, a solid frame, and excellent quality coating on the surface to reduce sun glare for outdoor tables.
Q.4: What are the standard measurements of a ping pong table?
Ans.: Standard measurements for a ping pong table are set by the ITTF, which are 2.74 m in length, 1.52 m in width, and 76 cm in height. Net used on the table is set to have a measurement of 1.83 m in length and 15.25 cm in height.
Q.5: Where would you recommend one can buy the best budget ping pong table?
Ans.: You can easily find a wide variety of ping pong tables on Amazon whether you are looking for the best budget ping pong table or the best ping pong table under $500.
How to Clean a Ping Pong Table
Ping-Pong, a common name for table tennis (along with the signature of this match’s best-known manufacturer), is a favorite leisure activity considering the late 1800s. Even though the game has found variations, its present incarnation developed with the invention of this International Table Tennis Federation. Enthusiasts keep tables inside their kitchens, garages, or outside spaces. It is critical to keep your table clean and maintained as a way to get the play.
Wipe down the table having a soft, dry cloth after each usage. This maintenance could keep the table clean and free from debris.
Make a non-abrasive, non-toxic cleaner by which to carry out an even more comprehensive cleaning once every two to 3 weeks. Mix 2 to three glasses of water in a bowl together using 1 cup of white vinegar. Dip a soft cloth while within the vinegar-water solution before it’s damp to the touch, and wring it out screen.
Remove the net from the table by simply unscrewing it. Put the net to a side, then make use of the cloth to wash down the tabletop. Dry the table working with a dry microfiber cloth for cleaning the table. Learn in more detail about how to clean a ping pong table. Get the best cleaning packs from below.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: Extremely high-quality, soft, microfiber material absorbs and removes dust, oil, smudges, fingerprints, and dirt. Leaves no scratches, streaks, marks, or lint.
- PROTECTIVE: Each pack of MagicFiber comes in their own polybag so that they are always like new and ready to use. Includes 6 MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloths (5 black, 1 Grey) 6 x 7 inches (15cm x 18cm)
- SAFE TO USE ANYWHERE: Can be used on any delicate surface like LCD TV screens, smart phones and other touch screens, camera lenses and filters, etc. Stores perfectly flat in your tablet case without adding any bulk. Awesome for a camera bag, purse, or eyeglass case.
Scrub the net from the vinegar-water alternative for about 10 to 15 minutes. Please take out the net from the clear answer and also lie out its level on a surface to dry. Get the best vinegar for cleaning the table tennis table.
- Reduced with water to 5% acidity
- Great for food or cleaning
Reinstall the net once it’s completely dried. You may additionally desire any metal portions of the table using WD 40 lubricant to finish your care.
- Lubricates and eliminates squeaking and binding caused by friction.
- Film is clean and highly resistant to water.
- Use on nylon, rubber, metal and non-metal surfaces.
- Perfect for applications exposed to the elements
- Multi-Use Silicone Spray
Rather than producing a cleanser using vinegar and water, you’re able to buy a particular cleanser supposed to be employed with Ping-Pong tables. Cleaners created to clean Ping-Pong tables would be most easy to come across on the web or at specialty retailers.
Ping-Pong tables are usually made from timber. Do not over-saturate your cleaning cloth with water before wiping down the table. Stay away from bleach-based or abrasive cleansers.
Unless you are a professional table tennis player or an intermediate-level player with a serious goal of improving your skill to achieve a pro-level, there is no need to go for the high-priced and superior quality ping pong tables. You can easily have all the features of a reasonably priced ping pong table well within your budget.
Safety can be another aspect of concern when it comes to buying such products. The list provided in this article contains all tried and test products with experts’ recommendations. The table surface can be analyzed to understand how much weight it can withstand. As well as how sturdy and sound its structure is.
With changing market trends and customer requirements, new features have been continuously added to make the product more attractive to the customer. For instance, there was a time when moveable tables with the help of wheels were just a dream. At that time, heavy tables were produced, which were immovable.
Purchasing the best ping pong table is challenging, especially when there are many good options available on market. Nevertheless, among the six products we mentioned, the STIGA Space Saver Table Tennis Table stands out for its superb features and versatility.
If you’re looking for a quality ping pool table, we highly recommend checking it out first.
- Your purchase includes One STIGA Compact Table Tennis Table, net with post system and leg levelers. Rackets and balls are not included
- Table tennis table dimensions: Assembled – 70" L x 40.5" W x 30" H | Individual Half – 35.5 '' L x 40.5'' W x 30'' H | Combined Folded dimensions – 35.5” L x 40.5” W x 3.6” H | Assembled weight: 79 lbs | Thickness – 1.8”
- No assembly required – simply unpack, unfold, and play. Suggested Age: All Ages
- The MDF tabletop is finished with a repeat roller coat process to create a smooth, level-playing surface and is lined with silkscreen striping that is printed directly on the tabletop for a perfect finish. Indoor play only is recommended
- Sturdy 1.25” square welded steel legs create a solid base and are powder coated for a durable finish. Molded leg levelers protect your floors from scratches and adjust the table height to ensure a perfectly flat play surface
To conclude, if you have decided to buy the best ping pong table under 200, then you can choose any of the options provided in this article. We are pretty sure it will cater to all your requirements. And you won’t regret your decision, which is the main reason for writing this article.
Your feedback will help us improve, so feel free to drop a comment or contact us. If you have any queries let us know via comments.
We would love to be of assistance to you.
Mark is a Bloomberg BusinessWeek-based digital entrepreneur, blogger, and table tennis enthusiast. He is a former professional table tennis player with the career-best USATT ranking of 2689. He is also an ITTF Level 3 certified coach and conducts weekend coaching programs in and around the New York area. Mark is also a pool player by passion. He was first introduced to the game of pool at a very early age by his granddad. He had a natural knack for the game and quickly learned the ropes, and by the time he was 15, he was already participating in local leagues. He aims to make it into the APA league someday! Mark started his own blog by starting Indoor Games Zone, where he loves to share his years of experience with the audience. He covers ping pong, pool, air hockey, shuffleboard, and foosball.
- Ping pong
- Air Hockey
Last update on 2022-05-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API