A combo game table is a high reward purchase, but you have to be very cautious. When buying online it’s quite easy to miss something that you would have easily noticed if you were testing out the product in store. Tables with multiple games rarely have standard dimensions for every game.
I definitely recommend buying combo tables for children, but I rarely recommend buying them for adults. The tables just end up feeling too small for one (or more) of the games. In the case of the Foosball/Air Hockey combo, it’s the Air Hockey table that ends up being much smaller than regulation size.
So let’s start by looking at the standard game dimensions for a Foosball and Air Hockey table so we know how the combo tables will compare to the full sized games. Then we’ll look at the best Foosball/Air Hockey combo tables for kids.
Related: In my article on pool/ping pong combo tables I discovered that all the tables on the market have undersized ping pong tables. I was, however, able to find suitable options for full sized pool and full sized ping pong table combinations.
Table of Contents
Foosball Standard Dimensions
Like many table top sports games, Foosball has a few different standard dimensions.
- Regulation (professional) size: 56 inches long, 30 inches wide and 36 inches tall
- Standard (home) size: 60 inches long, 30 inches wide and 36 inches tall
- Table top (kids) size: 38 inches long, 20 inches wide and 9 inches tall
The regulation and standard Foosball sizes differ only in their length and they are both intended to sit on the floor. The table top size is meant to sit on a table and it’s size it intended more for children.
So keep these sizes in mind while you browse these tables depending on who will be playing your table.
Air Hockey Standard Dimensions
Air Hockey doesn’t exactly have a governing body, although the two associations that sponsor professional events are the United States Air Hockey Association (USAA) and the Air Hockey Players Association. The USAA has a list of acceptable tables listed on their website.
All of these tables have the same dimensions:
96 inches long x 48 inches wide x 30 inches tall
This is the size you’re likely to find at an arcade, but you may also find a 7 foot table (84 inches long) at an arcade. Much like pool, which can be 7, 8 or 9 feet long, it’s probably acceptable for an air hockey table to be 7 or 8 feet long.
Very Different Dimensions
As you can see standard Foosball and Air Hockey tables have very different dimensions. While Foosball tables are 56-60 inches long, Air Hockey tables are 84-96 inches long (almost twice the length!).
In fact, this is so significant that you would be hard pressed to find a sing Foosball/Air Hockey table on the market that offers standard size for both games (I couldn’t find one). If standard size is important to you for these two games, then I suggest you don’t buy a combination table.
Again, if you’re buying for kids, then this likely isn’t a problem because they don’t really care about how big a game surface is. However, if you’re buying for adults you may be disappointed with a Foosball/Air Hockey combo table.
Air Hockey vs. Slide Hockey
Another important distinction to make here is that these kids combo tables have a game called “slide hockey,” not Air Hockey. The difference is that slide hockey doesn’t have the air holes that cause the puck to float on the game’s surface. The puck just rests directly on the surface and doesn’t slide as easily.
Air Hockey tables require power to run the air blower. If your combo table doesn’t have a plug in, it doesn’t have Air Hockey.
The reality is you’re not going to be able to get Air Hockey from a combination game table. You’ll get slide hockey, which is arguably better for kids. Why? Well, first and foremost it doesn’t plug in which means there’s no risk of anyone crossing paths with any electrical elements. Second, the electrical parts of Air Hockey tables can break, and if there are no electrical parts, then the game can’t really break. Kids are very hard on toys and games, and a game like Air Hockey is probably just not age appropriate until they are 12 or so.
I think slide hockey is a better game for young ones. If you want Air Hockey, then you’ll need to buy an actual Air Hockey table.
3 Best Foosball Air Hockey Combo Tables
If you’re still reading, it must mean that you’re looking for an Air/Slide Hockey and Foosball combination table for a child. There are some great products out there that are great for kids, and I can recommend a few.
1. Best Choice Products 10-in-1 Game Table
This combo table consists of 10 games: Shuffleboard, Slide Hockey, Ping, Pong, Pool, Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Table Tennis, and Cards. It’s 4 feet long, which is shorter even than the standard Foosball table length, but it’s made for kids so meeting standard game specifications shouldn’t be at the top of your list.
The selling point for this table is that it has so many different games. It can keep kids entertained for hours because if they get bored (and they do tend to get bored with games) then there is a long lineup of new games with new parts waiting for them to discover.
Features of 10-in-1 Table
- It is made up of wooden and plastic materials to give the table an authentic look.
- Strong base for supporting the whole table (4Legs).
- It weighs around 51lb.
- Its overall dimension is: 48″(Length) x 24″(Width) x 30.5″(Height)
- Different games on table w/foosball have different dimensions, these are:
- Pool Table: 40.5″(Length) x 23″(Width) x 26.5″(Height)
- Foosball Table: 48″(Length) x 24″(Width) x 6″(Height)
- Hockey/Ping Pong: 37.5″(Length) x 19.75″(Width) x 1″(Height)
- Hockey/Ping Pong (w/ net): 37.5″(Length) x 19.75″(Width) x 5″(Height)
- Chess/Checker/Backgammon Board: 31.5″(Length) x 16″(Width)
- It comes with the following: Billiards table, Pool ball triangle, Shuffleboard/Bowling board (13) Away players (Foosball), (13) Home players (Foosball), (2) Safety locks,(2)Felt pads, Deck of playing cards, (2) Mini soccer balls (Foosball), (2) Cue sticks, Set of billiard balls, (2) Chalk pieces, Set of Shuffleboard pucks, Hockey/Table tennis board (double-sided), (2) Hockey pucks, (2) Hockey pushers, Set of Chess pieces, Set of Checkers pieces, Set of Backgammon pieces, Set of Shuffleboard pucks, Set of Table Tennis paddles and balls, Table Tennis net, and Foosball table base.
- It is certified by the American Society for Testing Materials.
- Incorporates a lot of people at a time.
- It has got multiple numbers of games.
- It has a wood finish that makes it hard to chip.
- It’s user-friendly.
- It can be easily converted into different kinds of games
- It is durable since it is made up of PVC material and metal.
- It takes up a small space to set up.
- Very cheap
- It is a bit small in size.
2. MD Sports Multi-Game Combination Table Set
This table set comprises Slide Hockey, Traditional Foosball, Ping-Pong, and Pool. This game table is 54 inches long which is the actual length of a professional Foosball Table. It’s a bit bigger than the 10 in 1 table we just looked at and is just generally a nicer, more well-made product.
The product’s primary selling point is it’s quality. It’s bigger, better looking and sturdier. It does come at a higher price tag, but obviously you’re getting a game table that should last longer and the games are bigger and closer to a regulation size.
Features of MD Sports Multi-Game Combination Table Set
- It is made up of PVC, solid wood, and metal material that prevent wear and tear.
- Weighs 80lbs.
- Overall dimension: 54″(Length) x 24.5″(Width) x 35.25″(Height)
- It comes with 5 game conversion tabletops and a base of the regulation-size foosball table.
- Some of the dimensions of the games that come with the set include:
- Hockey/Ping Pong: 37.5″(Length) x 19.75″(Width) x 1″(Height).
- Hockey/Ping Pong (w/ net): 37.5″(Length) x 19.75″(Width) x 5″(Height).
- Chess/Checker/Backgammon Board: 31.5″(Length) x 16″(Width).
- Foosball Table: 48″(Length) x 24″(Width) x 6″(Height).
- The MD Sport comes with the following: 1 54″ Billiard Table 1 Slide Hockey Mat, (1) Tennis Top, (1) Foosball Attachment, (2) Foosballs, (2) Hockey Pucks, (2) Hockey Pushers, (2) Cue Sticks, (2) Chalk, (1) Billiard Ball Set, (1) Basketball Attachment, (1) Billiard Ball Rack, (2) Ping Pong Paddles, (1) Post and Net Set, (1) Felt Brush, (2) Ping Pong Balls, (1) Basketball.
- It’s packed with a basketball attachment, a ping pong/table tennis top with a net, a slide hockey mat, a foosball attachment, and a billiard/pool table, along with all the necessary pieces.
- Designed with a brand new hover foosball game ensuring continuous airflow for a smooth experience.
- It is convenient, has interchangeable game tabletops.
- It has reinforced bases and can be locked in a place to avoid movement.
- The game set is portable hence can be moved and stored easily.
- It saves space hence simple to store.
- It is easy and simple to learn, hence more fun.
- Allows one to play multiple games in a single set.
- It is easy to set up and start the game.
- Fewer games to play hence restrict players only to specific games.
- Accommodates players compared to the 10-in-1 table set.
3. Best Choice Product 4 in 1 Multi Game Table
This game table comes with the following games: Air hockey, Foosball, Pool, and Ping Pong. This product is different from the other two in two significant ways. First it sits on a table, which means the product is much smaller and is quite a bit easier to store. You could presumably even take this game table on a road trip and play in the car or a hotel. The second thing that differentiates this product is its price.
This game table’s main selling point is that it is inexpensive. This is achieved through a smaller size than other products like it, which also makes it more portable. The quality is not compromised, but the games are just on a smaller scale.
Features of Best Choice Product 4 in 1 Multi Game Table
- The short stature of the table enables children with smaller heights to play.
- The overall dimension is: 32″(Length) x 17″(Width) x 8″(Height).
- It has a versatile table designed to provide long hours of entertainment
- When the foosball table is playing, it adds 11 inches in height to the table.
- The set comes with the following accessories: Two pool sticks, one pool chalk, Foosball table surface complete with players, Air hockey table/table tennis playing surface, Two ping pong paddles, Two ping pong balls, Air hockey bumper, Billiards surface, Billiard balls, Net, Two foosball soccer balls, Two hockey pucks, Two hockey strikers, Dust brush.
- It weighs 31 pounds.
- It has four solidly built legs that place the table close to the ground, allowing shorter players to be part of the game.
- The table is stable enough to ensure that the children play safely.
- The table is made up of tough plastic materials and metal.
- Every game comes up with its surface table.
- The foosball attachment comes with its set-up, including knobs for tightening up.
- It has a variety of games
- Highly portable
- Saves space
- It comes with all the accessories
- Certified by the American Society for Testing Materials
- Designed for kids with smaller height
- Only designed for kids
- Air hockey surface does not include blowers
Comparison Table for Best Foosball Air Hockey Combo Table
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Foosball Air Hockey Combo Table
If you want these or any other best foosball air hockey combo tables, you need to be familiar with a few things. It will help you know the foosball air hockey combo table and help you have the ideal one for you if you intend to buy it. Therefore, these short guidelines are vital for everyone.
No one can afford to lose and extra advantages. Since everything has been revolutionized every passing day, the foosball table has also been revolutionized. Therefore, instead of having limited facilities go with one that provides you the latest advantages. These enlisted combo tables have multi-top, which can be easily changed for different games. Hence, you will not lose such an elegant feature.
You must have the ideal size of the table according to your need. Sometimes, you need the table for kids and other times, for grownups. In this respect, you need to consider the width and height of the table. The table’s ideal size prevents any unwanted mess and can easily be placed in the room.
This feature is one of the important for fair competition. If “table tennis” lacks this feature, it will move unnecessarily during the game. As a result, there will not be fair competition. Also, this may lead to less fun in the game.
Tested quality means the safety of the best foosball air hockey combo table. One, you may want the table for your kids. For this, you have to be sure the table is safe for them to play. Second, when you play, children, out of curiosity, huddle around the table. In this case, also, you need to be sure that it is safe to let them be around the table. You know what: the above-mentioned combo tables are tested and safe.
The game kit means tools need and accessories required. If you have a game kit, you will have guidelines, rules, and tools for assemblage. Thus, it would help if you had all of these when you buy the combo table. Fortunately, these enlisted combo tables have the necessary accessories.
Some tables are easy to assemble, while others are pre-arranged, and while others are difficult to assemble. Your priority should be a pre-assembled table. In the second case, you need to have one which is easy to assemble. If you have one that is difficult to assemble, you will need an expert for this process. All given combo tables are either pre-arranged or easy to assemble.
This feature may have no value for you if you consider design very little. However, the latest design is an extra advantage in that it will look beautiful when placed in your home or room. All the above-mentioned tables meet this criterion.
Warranty is, of course, important in all things. This feature ensures the quality of the table’s material. Further, with the warranty, the durability of the setup is ensured. You will find these features in these given combo tables.
You may spend too much money on a setup, which is way cheaper than that. Therefore, the price of the table is the outcome of the features of the setup. However, some setups, despite having all the features, are very affordable. Such is the feature of this table.
Benefits of having a Foosball Air Hockey Combo Table
The benefit that the best foosball air hockey combo table brings is enormous. Since foosball and “air hockey” are the two games mostly desired by many players? They bring such fun to the family that you enjoy playing. Therefore, you have to be familiar with the benefits of the combo.
One of your kids may want to play foosball, and another wants to enjoy air hockey. In this case, you are safe from bringing two setups in your home; for Two in one facility will cope with such desires.
It really will cost you much more than the combo. Hence, you could greatly save your money with two in one facility. Moreover, you can have a multi-top facility in the table, which is of much worth.
Suppose you have two tables: one for football and another for air hockey. It will certainly require double maintenance. On the other hand, with a combo table, the maintenance is pretty easy.
How do you Clean a Foosball Air Hockey Combo Table?
The process of properly cleaning the foosball air hockey is necessary. It is important for two reasons: first, the foosball air hockey combo table will be more slippery, and second, cleaning will keep the table anew and increase the lifespan. The question is the proper way to clean the foosball air hockey combo table to be cleaned.
The process is a bit longer but not difficult at all. Before commencing your process, you need a few things: a microfiber towel or cotton cloth for cleaning the table and table sides. Since you will want your table to be more slippery, you will first focus on the surface. Wax and clean the surface with recommended products. Also, bowler fan and all table holes, you should clean with proper attention. Caution is way better than cure; therefore, whenever you don’t use the foosball air hockey combo table, cover it with good care.
Foosball Table vs. Air Hockey Table: Which One?
Both tables have their own benefit. However, you need to have certain information that helps you avoid any impediment for endless fun. The Foosball table is perfect for both outdoor and indoor games. The foosball table is equipped in a way not to be demanded by rain. On the other hand, Air Hockey Table is deprived of such a facility. A little rain and you will not be able to play with your Air Hockey Table.
Read More: How to Make a Foosball Table
Is It Safe to have a foosball air hockey combo table Around Kids?
Kids are inquisitive, and they can hardly resist their agitation in the game. They usually congregate around the table to observe the game. Therefore, safety is necessary. Actual kids test foosball air hockey combo. Hence it is safe to have the kids around the foosball air hockey combo table.
How do I make my foosball air hockey combo table more slippery?
The process is a little bit longer. However, it is worth doing that will make your foosball air hockey combo table more slippery. First of all, when you do not use the table, cover it properly. The next thing is cleaning: Waxing and cleaning the surface, mallet, and air hockey pucks. Thirdly, clean all the table holes and bowler fans. All this will ensue in the more slippery playing surface.
An intense search, massive feedback, and many more factors contributed to the enlistment of these above-given best foosball air hockey combos. Besides top-rated and highly demanded foosball air hockey combos, the article tackled oft-repeated questions like what makes them best, how to clean and make the table more slippery, and many other questions.
Mark is a Bloomberg BusinessWeek-based digital entrepreneur, blogger, and table tennis enthusiast. He is a former professional table tennis player with the career-best USATT ranking of 2689. He is also an ITTF Level 3 certified coach and conducts weekend coaching programs in and around the New York area. Mark is also a pool player by passion. He was first introduced to the game of pool at a very early age by his granddad. He had a natural knack for the game and quickly learned the ropes, and by the time he was 15, he was already participating in local leagues. He aims to make it into the APA league someday! Mark started his own blog by starting Indoor Games Zone, where he loves to share his years of experience with the audience. He covers ping pong, pool, air hockey, shuffleboard, and foosball.
- Ping pong
- Air Hockey
Last update on 2022-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API