In [year] adequate lighting is essential when you’re playing a game of pool, with at least 520 lux of light. Therefore, if you’re here looking for the best light bulb for pool table setups, then we have just the right thing for you.
Generally, daylight bulbs are the best option since the high CRI rating assures us that we can easily distinguish one color from the other. It would help if you also kept in mind that such an area of focus may require 50-60 watts of energy, 120 voltages on average, and a comfortable color temperature. That said, let’s go over and check your options.
Top 6 Light Bulb for Pool Table
- GEZEE LED Candelabra Bulb is best for Good heat dissipation and conductivity at $19.99
- GEEZEE 15W LED 4-pack Daylight Candle Bulb is best for improved heat dissipation and conductivity high rating on the CRI at $21.99
- GEEZEE 15W LED 3-pack Warm White Corn Bulb is best for improved conductivity and heat dissipation at $15.80
- SHINESTAR 6W LED 8-pack Daylight Globe Light Bulb is best for a high rating in the CRI at $25.00
- Energetic Lighting Dimmable LED Edison Light Bulb is best for better conductivity, less heat output reduced buzzing, flickering or bulb burnout at $16.39
- LOHAS BR30 LED Light Bulb is best for 80+ high rating on the CRI & UL certified at $17.99
Comparison Table of the Best Light Bulb for Pool Table
6 Best Light Bulb for Pool Table Products Review
01- GEZEE LED Candelabra Bulb
GEEZEE’s LED daylight lights to come in a set of four candelabra bulbs, each rated at 12 watts and 120 volts. They emit up to 1200 lumens of bright white light. These lights can also help you save up to 80% on energy costs depending on the amount of illumination.
Additionally, the bulbs are an excellent choice for indoor and outdoor lighting, as a supplement to ceiling fixtures, as a component of pendants and chandeliers, and a variety of other applications.
The daylight illumination has a more bluish tone, which provides the greatest visual contrast, making it optimal for improved vision and color distinction.
- Four daylight candelabra bulbs, each with 12 watts and 120 volts
- Save up to 80% on energy costs given the amount of illumination
- Torpedo shaped, 120mm or 4.7″ in length, and emits up to 1200 lumens of bright white light
- Supplementary light for ceiling fixtures
- Maximized visual contrast, clearer vision, and color distinction
- Good heat dissipation and conductivity
- High CRI rating
- 2-year warranty
- A pack of four gives you a better value for your money instead of buying single bulbs every time
- The torpedo shape of the bulb makes it easier to install
- A great choice for pool table lighting since it allows you to distinguish the colours properly
- The components of each bulb are well-crafted to last a long time
- Comes with a warranty to ensure assistance from their staff
- Provides adequate illumination if you have a standard-sized pool table with ample general lighting in the playroom
- It may not be the ideal option if you have a large playing area
- 12W daylight bulbs may appear too harsh to the eyes with prolonged exposure
02- GEEZEE 15W LED 4-pack Daylight Candle Bulb
The LED daylight lights from GEEZEE come in a package of four candelabra bulbs, each with a 15-watt and 120-volt rating with a vivid white light output of up to 1500 lumens. Using these LED lights is an ideal alternative to 120-watt fixtures depending on the amount of illumination, as they can help you save 80% of your electric bill and gets you a good value with regards to cost peruse.
The bulbs are made of a ceramic chip and anodized block that allows for better heat dissipation and conductivity. Moreover, the color rendering rating is 80+, enabling you to see the accurate colors in the pool table.
- Four daylight candelabra bulbs, each rated at 15 watts and 120 volts
- Shaped like a torpedo and measures 120mm (4.7in) in length
- Emits up to 1500 lumens of bright white light
- Can save up to 80% on your electrical bill
- Great visual contrast, improved vision, and colour distinction
- Improved heat dissipation and conductivity
- High CRI rating
- Excellent choice for both indoor and outdoor illumination
- 2-year warranty
- For just a slight addition to the price, this pack of four gives you a better value for your money and significantly improved illumination
- These torpedo bulbs are visually minimal
- Easy to install and conserves energy
- Provides the best illumination if you have a larger pool table area or if you prefer an area to be particularly brighter
- You can only use three from the pack for smaller areas
- It comes with a 2-year warranty
- 12W daylight bulbs can cause a strain on the eyes for the duration of the game
- These lights do not come with dimmable options
03- GEEZEE 15W LED 3-pack Warm White Corn Bulb
These LED warm white lights come in a set of three corn bulbs that consume 15 watts and operate on 120 volts. They have a high output of 1200 lumens, which allows for better light diffusion over a larger area.
The illumination levels of these bulbs effectively aid in long-term energy conservation. Additionally, the bulb’s low power consumption enables it to power through more than 30,000 hours of illumination.
This product is constructed with a ceramic chip as the base and an aluminum block that has been directly engraved for increased heat dissipation and conductivity.
- Three warm white corn bulbs that each consumes 15 watts and operates at 120 volts
- It comes in a traditional shape and is built with a high output of 1200 lumens
- Low power consumption with over 30,000 hours life span
- Reduces eye strain, has less glare, and softer shadows
- Excellent choice for indoor and outdoor ambience illumination
- Improved conductivity and heat dissipation
- 2-year warranty
- Can illuminate your pool gaming area with a calmer diffused lighting
- The traditional shape of the corn bulb is aesthetically pleasing
- Light diffusion is significantly improved, which allows for a larger area to be lit
- Warm white lighting is easier on the eyes
- The diffused illumination also reduces the glare and softens shadows
- Includes a 2-year warranty
- Warm white creates shadows and ambience, which can affect your depth perception when playing pool.
- These 15W warm white bulbs produce a more diffused lighting, so some areas may seem darker or dimmer.
04- SHINESTAR 6W LED 8-pack Daylight Globe Light Bulb
Frequently used in living room, this set from Shinestar includes eight LED light bulbs, each with a 6-watt globe light bulb that emits 600 lumens and provides the equivalent illumination of a 60-watt incandescent bulb. You can also use this bulbs for pool table.
With its energy-saving features, this model enables you to save money in the long run. Additionally, these daylight globe lights emit a clean, bright light with minimal glare, ideal for dressing rooms, makeup rooms, and bathrooms.
This product is easy to install, replace, and dispose of, but it is guaranteed to last up to 30,000 hours. Finally, Shinestar provides three years of customer service and a warranty against product defects or related complaints.
- Eight LED daylight light bulbs, each with 6 watts
- 600 lumens illumination equivalent to an incandescent bulb of 60 watts
- Visual contrast, clearer vision, and colour recognition
- Ideal for bathroom lighting
- Clear vision and high CRI rating
- Don’t contain mercury, lead, UV, or IR
- Up to 30,000 hours of lifespan
- 3-year warranty
- Ideal for precision lighting since daylight allows for clearer vision and depth when playing
- The product is an economical choice and is recommended for those who prefer multipurpose lighting
- Offers adequate for a smaller sized pool table
- Globe-shaped light bulbs facilitate a better light distribution
- Guaranteed safe to use, easy to install, and can last you a good while
- It comes with a 3-year warranty
- The lighting of all the bulbs in this package may be inefficient for standard to large pool setups.
- More bulbs may mean more maintenance and a higher chance of replacements.
05- Energetic Lighting Dimmable LED Edison Light Bulb
With the illumination capacity of a 60-watt incandescent light, each of these Edison bulbs can save up to 91.67 percent on energy costs. These dimmable lights provide concentrated illumination on specific areas of your pool table and work well as a supplemental lighting source.
When not dimmed, this product operates at full brightness, has superior conductivity, and produces less heat, effectively reducing buzzing, flickering, and bulb burnout. This product is simple to install, replace, and dispose of, but it is guaranteed to last up to 10,000 hours.
Additionally, it works as an excellent hall droplight, decoration light, makeup mirror light, table or wall lamp, and vanity lighting.
- Six LED g25 globe bulbs feature ultra-thin glass and an E26 base
- Edison bulbs come with long filaments, each with 5 watts
- Dimmable lights that best function as a supplementary lighting source
- Save up to 91.67% on energy costs with its illumination capacity equal to a 60-watt incandescent light
- Better conductivity and less heat output effectively reduce buzzing, flickering, or bulb burnout
- 2-year warranty
- The dimmable features of this product allow you to save more money and conserve energy
- This set of six will provide a calmer diffused glow to your pool gaming area
- The typical shape of a corn bulb is appealing to the eye
- Light diffusion is greatly increased, allowing for the illumination of a wider field
- The diffused illumination eliminates glare and softens shadows, making warm white lighting easier on the eyes and reducing any potential pressure
- There is a warranty to ensures their staff can assist with any issue.
- The illumination is not adequate to illuminate a pool table with a larger area
- This product only works best as supplementary lighting and will require a brighter main light for the pool table
06- LOHAS BR30 LED Light Bulb
This set of six traditional-shaped LED BR30 light bulbs from L LOHAS includes six daylight bulbs, each rated at 10 watts, equivalent to 65 watts of incandescent and fluorescent bulbs. These bulbs have a high CRI and are guaranteed to last up to 30,000 hours.
These BR30 bulbs function as floodlights, with the beams angled at 180 degrees to provide a wider area of illumination. These bulbs are UL certified, thereby reducing light flickering and buzzing. This is the more economical option and is generally recommended for those installing their first pool table.
- Six traditionally shaped LED BR30 daylight light bulbs from L LOHAS
- Durable, easy to install, replace, and dispose
- Last long with a life span of up to 30,000 hours
- The 180-degree angle of the beams create a wider coverage for illumination
- 80+ high CRI rating
- Clearer vision, colour distinction, and maximized visual contrast
- Generally recommended for beginners
- Bulbs are UL certified not to contain any harmful substances
- 2-year warranty
- A pack of six 10 watt bulbs offers you the best value for your money
- Recommended for those who are tight on a budget but will not compromise quality.
- Each bulb has a more extensive lighting coverage
- A great choice for pool table lighting since it allows you to distinguish the colors properly
- The components of each bulb are made with high-quality materials to last you a long time
- The product comes with a warranty to ensure the customer assistance team of L Lohas will be there to attend to any concerns.
- Putting all the BR30 10W daylight bulbs can make the lighting too harsh on the pool table and can cause a strain on the eyes
- These light bulbs do not come with dimmable options
- Best Pool Table Felt Cleaner
- Best Convertible Pool Tables
- Best Pool Cues for Beginners
- Best Pool Cues for the Money
Buyers Guide of the Best Light Bulb for Pool Table
Your quest for the best light bulb for the pool table meets its expectation here. This enlisted light bulbs the perfect selection for the pool table. To get the right to blub, you need to be extra vigil. There is a much spurious light bulb in the market that may prove unreliable. Therefore you have to look for the features that this article gives you. Unarguably, they are the most widely used light bulb for the pool table. Make sure you get the right one. But how? It is easier once you heed this guide properly.
First of all, you need to ensure that these blub are safe and sound. Before looking for any other features, it is one of the essential elements. However, these all blubs safe do ensure the safety by looking at the heat up, relieving effect, electric shock.
Once you are assured these have 100% safety measures, go for eco-friendly. You know it is much more essential to have eco-friendly blub. We all live in an ecosystem that requires care. These blub have eco-friendly materials that help protect the environment.
Now you want these blub for table pool, check the LM (luminous) intensity. The more the power, the brighter will be the surrounding. However, if you think more luminous intensity is too rough, go for slightly lower luminous intensity. These enlisted blub have both the option: of average power and higher intensity.
The next question is: Is the bulb economical in terms of price and energy saving?
Yes, these blub are not only affordable but economical. Economical in two terms: one, they save more than 80% energy that saves you from electricity bills; second, they have a long lifespan that helps you save money by not frequently wasting on blubs.
One of the best things about these blubs is that they have a more comprehensive application. So you have the advantage of using these for the pool table, and allows you to use anywhere. When you replace the blub of your pool table, you can use it anywhere else.
One of these best light bulbs is the blub that can perform well in low voltage current. That blub has v110, v120, and v130. Therefore there are significantly fewer chances that when there is low voltage, the light feels dim.
Likewise, all of them have a standard base, either E25 or E26. This helps you fit the blub in an ordinary socket—no need to purchase a specific socket for them.
Easy installation is another feature of these bulbs, and you have to ensure this, too, while purchasing the bulb.
This is very important, and therefore you must be extra careful so that you have the best light bulb for the pool table. There must be a specific difference when you buy the blub for casual use and buy the snooker table light bulbs. In cases you grab the wrong product, your pool table game may be spoiled. Do you want to spoil it? Certainly not. This one minute of reading with a little heeding can save you from a big mess. These below given are the features you should look at to have the best light bulb for the pool table.
In a simple word, this is luminous intensity. The more the intensity, the brighter, will be the pool table lighting. You have two options either purchase a blub with high intensity or one with moderate intensity. If you go for one with low intensity, you will not be able to properly play the pool table. You can have power as high as 900 and as low as below 200. For high brightness, you can go for 600 and above and moderate to 200. Less than that and everything messed.
Simply put, it is called the colour rendering index. The colour rendering index’s function is to give you the natural colour of an object with the perfect colour temperature for the pool table. What is it meant by natural colour? To answer this: many times, you hear that things look shinier in light bulb than in sunlight. This is due to the difference in the colour rendering index. Sunlight has 100 colours rending index while light bulb has less than that. However, there are light bulbs that have more than 80 colour rendering index. Therefore seek the blub which has either 80 or above CRI.
This is also necessary to get the blub with a specific voltage. Blubs come in 110, 120, and 130 voltage. Blub with less voltage will typically work in even low voltage electrical current. Some blubs can simultaneously have v110, v120, and v130. Therefore it is better to choose one that has a variety of voltage options. However, if there is a lack of certain features in these blub, go for one with V120. V120 blub will make perfect pool table lighting.
This is one of the main features of LED blub. Blub that consumes less energy is the best. Therefore go for the blub that saves you more than 80% energy. Even if you don’t care how much power they consume, it is still crucial for two things. First, if you live in an area with less energy supply, it extends the supply’s overall timing. Second, the bulb that consumes less energy saves the bill. You can save electricity bills by more than 80% if you choose the best blub for the pool table.
Light Effects on Eyes
Of course, it is necessary that while you play at the pool table, light must not feel harsh. To make this sure, you have to see what effects blub may have on the eyes. Some blub are shockingly bright, yet your eyes don’t feel fatigued. Some blub, despite being normal in brightness, feel harsh on the eyes. Now, go for the one that has relieved effects on your eyes so that you can play comfortably.
Many types of blubbing are eco-friendly. This is because they use a material that does not have harmful effects on the ecosystem. Everyone must contribute to the improvement of the ecosystem.
Warranty is essential; everyone knows that. Blub with warranty saves you from a faulty product. In case of any problem, you can dispatch it back and have another one. Blub with warranty rarely will be defective.
How much they last long? Usually, blub come with 27 years or 30000 hours of lifespan and above. This lifespan can be reduced if you use the blub more than 3 hours a day. Therefore go for the blub that gives you more hours of lifespan. Thirty thousand hours will be the best thing.
After much use, the blub gets heated. Go for one that, despite being used more, dissipates heat efficiently.
Look for Light temperature that has 2500 or 2700k. The application should be complete like it can be used anywhere. Last but not least, they should be 100% Safe.
What kind of Light Bulb do I need for a Pool Table Light?
There are millions of snooker light bulbs in the market, but you need to choose a particular pool table light for your pool table. First of all, you need a blub for a game that has its standard rules. Look into those rules and then make a decision. However, for ease, things are sorted out here. You ought to keep in mind things that are here.
According to rules, it is required that all areas on the table should receive at least 520 lux light. As a result, you are compelled to go with the pool tables light, which fulfils that rule.
Apart from rules, it is also essential that you play the game comfortably. Pick a blub that lights the pool table so that it does not have harsh effects on eyes and are bright enough. Simultaneously, they should provide you with the colour temperature for the pool table equal to 2500k or 2700k. The ability to dissipate heat is also vital so that play can be perpetuated longer if you wish.
The article’s enlisted pool table lights are just amazing to fulfil the need and provide you with every feature. Interestingly, these pool table lights meet all the rules of the Pool-Billiard Association (WPA).
Reasons to getting Top-Quality Pool Table Bulbs
Everyone knows the vital importance of the best product. Likewise, there are many reasons that you should get a top-quality pool table-blub.
The foremost reason is that top quality light bulbs do not disturb you during the match. If you have cheap quality blub, it may start flickering.
Next, top quality blub gives a fair amount of light to the playing area without even costing extra energy. The consumption of less energy is beneficial for the electricity bill and protecting the ecosystem from additional damage.
Further, top-quality blub may cost you a little bit extra money than those cheap blub, but they will cost only once, and then they will last unexpectedly longer.
Also, they are safe and give soothing effects to your eyes. Despite being bright, this is possible to have a cool effect and warm light. Even in the case of heat, they will dissipate it efficiently.
Finally, top-quality blubs are equipped with every amenities; therefore, it is highly unlikely that the intensity of light drops in the wake of low voltage. That is why you should look for a high-quality light bulb for your pool table.
How to Install the Bulbs on Pool Table Lighting?
If you want to install a light bulb from square one, here you go. Even if things are sorted out and only blub to install, follow this.
First of all, you need to fix the pool table where you want. Fix at the proper place. Drill right above the set table in the ceiling. Fix the hanger in the pre-drilled hole. Ensure that the hanger is screwed tightly. Now, run the chain through the hanger. Bring up your lamp. The lamp of the pool table is usually rectangular to throw enough light on the table. Next, plug the power cord. Before this, ensure to screw the best light bulb for the pool table in the lamp. Now turn the power on after hitting the power cord in the power box.
Frequently Asked Question
Will I be able to install it by myself, or will I need an electrician?
You need an electrician to set the pool table wiring, fix the lights, and an electrician does all. However, if these things are done, you can install the blub easily.
How much space do I need to leave between the lamp and table?
You have not hung these lights to illuminate the whole room; instead, they should only throw light on the pool table. Guidelines state that you should hang at least 62 to 66 inches from the floor and 32 to 36 inches from the pool table.
Is there a way to make my lights dimmable?
These enlisted light bulbs in the article are all non-dimmable. Therefore, you cannot make them dimmable. However, if there is an option in an LED to dim, you can. Dim light has no role in the pool table.
How do you hang lights on a pool table?
Hang in a way that all areas of the pool table get the same amount of light. The standard rules say every part of the table from rail to central should receive at least 520 lux of light equally.
How far should the light be from the pool table?
According to Pool-Billiard Association (WPA), the light must be 32 or 40 inches above the playing surface. The width and length of your fixture and pool table will have to be taken into account.
Of the many bulbs we’ve included in the list, the one we can recommend to you the most would be the 12W LED 4-Pack Candle Bulb from GEEZEE. Not only do they offer a really good value for the money, but their illumination is also the best on the market. There’s a reason why they’re the bestselling product in this list, after all.
- 【Energy saving】: 12W LED corn bulbs to replace 100W incandescent light bulbs, cut down your electricity bill by up to 85%.
- 【Eye protection】: 1200lumen, CRI>85+, 360-degree Light Uniformity, Bring you More Vivid and Natural Light, Offers Comfortable and Relaxing Light for your Eyes.
- 【Good performance】: Aluminum direct engraving, and more conducive to heat dissipation. With overload protection, Short circuit protection, and over-temperature protection.
- 【Wide applications】: This LED Bulb is ideal for indoor and outdoor lanterns, ceiling fixtures, chandeliers and pendants, multiple places you'd like to decorate with.
- 【Notice】:Please do not use it with dimmable switch,as it may cause erratic behavior such as flickering or buzzing and ultimately may cause damage to the bulb.
Things are sorted out now. What you need is to consider these details into account when you decide. The gathered information and details are authentic, helping you solve the issue of light and getting you to the perfect light bulb. You can get a good blub by considering some details. However, if you want to be 100% satisfied with the light bulb, consider every pros and cons that are detailed here. Your game will be just amazing without any uneasiness. Even you were answered the question you did not know. Smilingly, you depart.
Mark is a Bloomberg BusinessWeek-based digital entrepreneur, blogger, and table tennis enthusiast. He is a former professional table tennis player with the career-best USATT ranking of 2689. He is also an ITTF Level 3 certified coach and conducts weekend coaching programs in and around the New York area. Mark is also a pool player by passion. He was first introduced to the game of pool at a very early age by his granddad. He had a natural knack for the game and quickly learned the ropes, and by the time he was 15, he was already participating in local leagues. He aims to make it into the APA league someday! Mark started his own blog by starting Indoor Games Zone, where he loves to share his years of experience with the audience. He covers ping pong, pool, air hockey, shuffleboard, and foosball.
- Ping pong
- Air Hockey
Last update on 2022-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API