Are you one of those who have been thinking of buying a shuffleboard table but don’t have space inside your home? Are you also thinking about purchasing an outdoor shuffleboard table but worry about factors such as weather, dust, and wind? These are the common things that make people have second thoughts or apprehension about buying an outdoor shuffleboard table. Well, you have the right reason to worry about these things! That is why this article will give you the ultimate guide in buying an outdoor shuffleboard table. Here are the things that you need to take into consideration.
Durable enough for extreme weather
Outdoor Shuffleboard tables should be durable enough to withstand severe and extreme weather conditions. Shuffleboard tables made from wood are not advisable for outdoor use because once they are exposed to extreme weather, the wood expands or shrinks. Look for materials that are not affected by outdoor dust, wind, rain, keeping this factor in mind, pick shuffleboard tables for outdoor use made from plastic, metal, or aluminum.
Find a shuffleboard table that would give you a satisfying playing experience. Shuffleboard tables that do not comply with quality standards will spoil the fun rather than give you gaming pleasure. Later in this article, you will find out what to look out for in a good table.
It gives value to your money
A Shuffleboard table is meant for fun and quality bonding with family and friends, but it should not strip you off of your hard-earned cash. Find one at a reasonable price. After all, it falls under the wants category, not a necessity.
To give a buying guide, we researched on three best outdoor shuffleboard tables in the market. But keep in mind shuffleboard tables are not cheap, so you must have a handsome budget for your entertainment.
Top 3 Outdoor Shuffleboard Tables At A Glance
- Playcraft Extera 12′ Outdoor Shuffleboard Table with 20″ Playfield is best for aluminium material which makes it weatherproof and lasts longer than shuffleboard made from wood at $2,449.00
- Hathaway Crestline Shuffleboard Table is best for sturdy adjustable leveller, aluminium materials, stylish white finish and smooth glide” finish at $2,025.99
- Barrington Collection Shuffleboard Table is best for outdoor use, reinforced with solid wood apron corners, easy assemble & great playing surface at $993
Comparison Table for Best Outdoor Shuffleboard Tables
3 Best Outdoor Shuffleboard Tables Product Review, Features
01- Playcraft Extera 12′ Outdoor Shuffleboard Table with 20″ Playfield
This shuffleboard table has a combination of practicality and endurance. Its overall looks exude a manly aura. The bare aluminum stands out and hides nothing. Playcraft Extera has gotten the attention of those who opt for simplicity over vanity and practicality over style.
Their impressive general features are as follows:
- Table Dimension: 9 feet x 20 inches
- Playfield Dimension: 9 feet x 15 inches
- Material: Aluminum
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Weight: 215 pounds
- Color: aluminum silver
- Accessories: a set of deluxe weights (4 blue and 4 red), deluxe abacus scorer, speed wax and table cover with frame
- Other feature: larger leg levers
This next-generation outdoor shuffleboard table is made from aluminum. All materials are aluminum from table surface to legs. It can withstand extreme hot and cold weather outdoors because of its material. You can leave this outdoor all year round without worries of expanding or shrinking.
The all-aluminum material is weatherproof from rain, sun, wind, and dust. Plus, its fitted cover with a frame adds up to its protection when not in use. It has extra-large aluminum legs for stability and strength. Its frame is made from a combination of aluminum and steel powder coated materials which ensure a power-packed gaming experience. Playcraft Extera comes in three dimensions and weights:
- Weight: 215 lbs.
- Dimension: 9 feet x 20 inches
- Playfield Dimension: 20 inches
- Weight: 270 lbs.
- Dimension: 12 feet x 20 inches
- Playfield Dimension: 20 inches
- Weight: 340 lbs.
- 9 feet x 15 inches
- 108 x 24 x 31 inches with 20” playfield
- 108 x 29 x 31 inches with 20” playfield
- 144 x 29 x 31 inches with 20” playfield
- Its all-aluminium material makes it weatherproof and lasts longer than shuffleboard made from wood.
- It is perfect for outdoor use.
- It has extra-large levers allowing for firmer stability.
- It has aluminium and steel powder cover frames that strongly holds the entire table together ensuring even the most power-packed games.
- Its bare aluminium finish exudes practicality and simplicity.
- It comes with a fitted table cover with a frame to protect not just from dust and sun but also from strong winds.
- It comes with complete accessories.
- It offers a wide variety of sizes and weights.
- Since its surface is made from aluminium, it may create an annoying sound during game time, which is a huge downside.
- Its very plain design is not inviting.
Playcarft also has other models to choose from, such as
- Playcraft Georgetown Shuffleboard Table
- Playcraft Woodbridge Shuffleboard Table
- Playcraft Coventry Shuffleboard Table
- Playcraft Charles Rivera Pro-Style Shuffleboard Table
- Playcraft Columbia River Espresso Pro-Style Shuffleboard Table
- Playcraft Telluride Pro-Style Shuffleboard Table
- Playcraft Coventry 9’ Honey Shuffleboard
02- Hathaway Crestline Shuffleboard Table
What makes this shuffleboard table stand out from the rest is its pristine whiteness which makes it advantageous in blending with any exterior design. Hathaway Games and Sports brand is known for its craftsmanship and innovation. This shuffleboard table is one of their prides. The combination of craftsmanship, innovation, and durability are their greatest pros.
Their impressive general features are as follows:
- Table Dimension: 144 x 29 x 31 inches
- Playfield Dimension: 140 x 25 x 2 inches
- Material: Aluminum
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Weight: 28.8 pounds
- Color: White
- Accessories: 8 pucks (4 blue and 4 red), abacus scorers, surface wax and fitted table
- Other feature: Elegant white and stylish design with bright blue accent
Crestline outdoor shuffleboard table is made from aluminum so, it is weatherproof. It can withstand severe weather conditions and well protected from outdoor elements such as acid rain, wind, dust, and extreme hot and cold weather. Because it is engineered to endure these harsh elements, you won’t worry about leaving it outdoors, rain or shine. It is ever ready for action-packed competition anytime with its smooth glide, free accessories, and built-in protection.
Its legs are crafted from strong extruded, oversized tubular aluminum with cross truss beams. It has a 6 inches diameter adjustable leveler that ensures a firm leveling that anchors the table strongly in place. It is elegantly accented with a bright blue weatherproof UV-resistant inside wall and gutter, made from cloth to reduce noise during play. Playing comes conveniently with their complete 1 set of 2 5/16” regulation packs – 4 blue and 4 red, deluxe abacus scorers, surface wax, and fitted table cover. It also comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty to ensure customer satisfaction.
- It is made from aluminium materials; therefore, it is weatherproof against extreme weather condition.
- Its legs have a sturdy adjustable leveller for playing options and convenience. Plus, it has additional aluminium tubular cross beams for added strength.
- Its stylish white finish with accented bright blue adds elegance and chic. Moreover, it gives playing a feel-good feeling.
- It comes with complete accessories: pucks, abacus scorer, surface wax, and even a table cover.
- It comes with a fitted table cover for added protection when not in use.
- It has a “smooth glide” finish because of its UV coating for added playing pleasure.
- What is notable about Hathaway Crestline Shuffleboard is its 1-year warranty, longer than what others offer.
- Since it is made from pure aluminium materials, it is a bit lighter, which may affect its stability.
- Its white finish is prone to dirt and stain. So, it needs extra effort in maintaining its cleanliness.
- It only offers one design.
03- Barrington Collection Shuffleboard Table
The best thing about Barrington is that they have a collection of designs you can choose from. Their stylish designs will match your taste and style, or you can also choose which design matches the exterior of your house. Aside from that, you have the option to select which one agrees with your budget. The Barrington shuffleboard table comes collection: Allendale, Lexington, Claremont, Belden, Wentworth, and Webster. However, this article features only the Allendale.
Their impressive general features are as follows:
- Dimension: 108 x 24 x 32 inches
- Material: Plastic
- Base Material Metal
- Frame Material Wood
- Weight: 28.8 pounds
- Color: Dark wood
- Accessories: 8 pucks, 1 can of shuffleboard powder
- Other feature: Traditional bead style scorer and carpeted gutters
This shuffleboard table is made from plastic crafted with a perfect wood quality look. It feels and looks like you are playing in a piece of high-end furniture. Its UV-coated surface allows you to play freely without worrying about scratching it. Its sturdy leg is styled and constructed to protect players from upsetting the table and or knocking pucks off their scored spots and into the alley. The legs have a metal crossbar to protect the table from wobbling, giving the players a smooth playing experience.
The best part about it is that it comes with everything that you need to start playing, such as pucks, shuffleboard powder, two integrated abacuses, and even wax for cleaning. For easy scoring, it comes with a wooden bead-style scorer to keep track of the scores of the games in style. It has minor details that add quality to the table, like carpeted walls and gutter to protect the playing surface and reduce unwanted noise. Finally, it comes with a 90-day warranty from the date of purchase.
- It is made from plastic material. Therefore it is good for outdoor use. Although it is made from plastic material, it feels and looks elegantly wooden furniture.
- It is reinforced with solid wood apron corners for additional stability. Moreover, it is scratch resistance; the wood veneer playfield can withstand the toughest game while maintaining its finish.
- Its base is made from metal; therefore, it is sturdy. Aside from that, its a-style led design prevents the table from wobbling and the hidden levellers help stabilize the table play surface.
- The package comes with everything that you need so that you can start playing right out of the box.
- It is very easy to assemble with super simple instruction. You don’t have to hire an Amazon assemblyman to do the job.
- It has a great playing surface for a very satisfying game.
- You can be assured of a 90-day warranty to ensure that your table is all worth it and working well.
- The table does not include the table cover.
- Purchase does not come with a free shipping or delivery service.
- The table is heavy. It requires more able bodies to assemble and lift it.
Buyers Guide for the Best Outdoor Shuffleboard Tables
Now that we have presented these three most preferred outdoor shuffleboard tables, it’s up to you to decide which one fits your needs and styles. There are few things, though, that you need to think over before deciding.
Since this is about outdoor shuffleboard tables, all three products featured here are perfect for outdoor. The difference lies in how much steel, aluminum, or plastic a product contains. The climate in your area is also an essential element that would affect the kind of material for shuffleboard. If you live in an area with extreme climate conditions, pure aluminum would be a perfect fit.
Budget is the second important aspect as outdoor shuffleboard tables are not cheap. Remember that shuffleboard is just a recreation, not a necessity. If you have extra money, by all means, you can splurge on your hobby, but if you have limited financial resources, opt over practicality. Nevertheless, protect your investment; find a shuffleboard table that gives value to your money. You don’t want to spend on cheap products that won’t last. Think win-win.
You don’t want to acquire something that does not match your style and taste. Make sure that you like the shuffleboard table you are acquiring not to regret it in the future. However, aside from the physical looks, there are more things that you need to consider. You must weigh things wisely.
Size matters. Get a shuffleboard table that would perfectly fit in your space. Please measure your space against the size of the table before buying it. Make sure that you have a comfortable space to move around when you buy that particular size. Buy a shuffleboard table that is not too large or too small in your space.
What does this mean? The main reason why you are buying a shuffleboard table is to play and enjoy. You don’t want to ruin a supposed-to-be fun game with poorly structured shuffleboard. Make sure that you do not get shuffleboard that is poorly made. Scrutinize every detail of the table. Ask as many questions as possible. Make sure that the craftsmanship is good. One of the details that you need to look out for is the surface. Is it leveled? Is it smooth? Then, the legs that support the table are it sturdy? Is it wobbly? Is it firm? More than the looks, the functionality should come first.
Some shuffleboard tables have very complicated assembly instruction, which requires experts to assemble. Unless you don’t want to assemble it yourself, make sure that the table you will buy can be easily assembled and does not require complicated tools to construct. This way, you will be spared few dollars from paying the Amazon assemblyman.
Warranty is an essential factor in purchasing appliances, gadgets, sports equipment, and the likes. Buy a product with a warranty. This way, you will be protected from fraudulent products claiming to be quality. Please choose those with at least a 1-year manufacture warranty.
Check if everything is included in your purchase because products only sell the major part without including the accessories. There are also price offers that do not include the accessories. You need to buy them separately. Clarify these things to avoid confrontation with the seller or merchandizer. It is better to buy a shuffleboard table with complete accessories to save you the hassle of buying separately.
Most buyers overlook this part. They don’t know that there are shuffleboard tables with built-in storage. This may be a minor detail, but it also provides convenience if the table has the built-in storage capacity to store the pucks, the wax, and the powder. Some models come with added fitted cover.
There are product brands that you are drawn to and make a great impression upon you. Trust yourself on that; perhaps you are meant to own that product brand.
How to Play Outdoor Deck Shuffleboard Court?
Whether it is outdoor shuffleboard or indoor shuffleboard, instructions are provided with them. In the deck shuffleboard, which is considered the ancestor of indoor and outdoor shuffleboards, the rules are as follows.
First of all, the players toss a coin, and he who wins plays first. Then they slide the discs turn wise towards the target area. It is valid to cause the discs to collide into each other. Sometimes it changes the position of your disc for the better. The disc which does not reach the Ladies Line is removed immediately.
After pushing all the discs, the discs within the scoring area, and are not touching a line, score the value indicated. Players then start a new “end” game. The player with 50 or 100 points wins.
Outdoor Shuffleboard Rules
In the outdoor shuffleboard game there are some rules follow, the players, or a team of two players, take turns going first during a game. To go first, they toss a coin. The one winning the toss goes first. IF the pucks are of different colors, you decide that through the toss too. Players slide the discs alternately. Four yellow discs are placed within the right half of the 10-off area to start the play, while the black discs slide on the left side. A small triangle in the middle represents the middle boundary of each side. Each disc is played with a cue stick. If the puck disc does not reach the farthest deadline, it is removed from the play immediately.
How Long Is Shuffleboard Court?
The official shuffleboard court is 39 feet in length and 6 feet wide. It also has an additional 6-foot shooting area at each end. To reduce the setup time between games, a scoring zone is painted at each court’s end. However, the dimensions of shuffleboard courts can vary to suit the available space too.
How to Make Shuffleboard Court
Making a shuffleboard court is relatively easy. If you want to make a shuffleboard court from wood, you can either get it made by a carpenter or craft it yourself too.
However, if you want to make a shuffleboard court in your yard, all you need to do is clean the area. Designate the required area for your shuffleboard; the dimensions can be of any measurement. You dig the area, clean it, and then pour the concrete at a depth of 3-4 inches.
The third step is to level the concrete. You can do it with the help of a large trowel.
Once the concrete slab has dried and it’s smooth, you can paint it. Paint the boundaries, dimensions, and markings. Once it’s all done, you can wax the court to give it a final coat.
Gather the game tools and get ready to have a fun play!
Check out this full guide to make shuffleboard court.
How do you Score an Outdoor Shuffleboard?
The outdoor shuffleboard game has similar rules as the outdoor shuffleboard court. The scoring occurs after all eight discs have been played. Ten points are deducted for each disc being in the 10-off are. To score the amount marked within, the disc must be within one of the five areas. The first person reaching the 75 points wins the game. However, before a player can claim victory, all eight discs of the final game are played, and the scores are calculated.
Best Outdoor Shuffleboard Tables: FAQs
Can you put a shuffleboard table outside?
Yes, a shuffleboard table can be placed outside. It depends on yourself where you want to play.
What is the best length for a shuffleboard table?
Sixteen feet is an ideal length for a shuffleboard table. Learn more details about shuffleboard table length.
Who makes the best shuffleboard tables?
There are plenty of brands that make the best shuffleboard tables. However, we strongly recommend Playcraft, Hathaway, and Atomic shuffleboard tables.
What wood is used for shuffleboard?
The most commonly used woods for shuffleboard tables are Canadian soft maple, Russian Birch, North American Maple wood, Poplar, oak, etc.
How much does it cost to build a shuffleboard table?
If you want a premium quality shuffleboard, then it will cost you around 800-1,300 dollars. Anything less than this will be cheap and not very durable.
Is a 12-foot shuffle table too short?
A12-foot shuffle table is a short one but not too short.
Do you have to score exactly 21 in shuffleboard?
Yes, it is essential to score 21 in the shuffleboard to win a game if the players have decided 21 as the winning score. However, some other winning points are 11 or 15 points, but they always depend on the players.
What does ten off mean in shuffleboard?
Specific points are awarded for landing in certain point carrying sections such as 7, 8, or 10. If you land in a ten off sections, your 10 points are deducted.
How much room do you need for a 12-foot shuffleboard table?
A 12-foot table will require 15 feet of wall space. Three feet here is for space. You can leave more space for your taste.
How much does shuffleboard table weigh?
Shuffleboard tables that are about 12-14 feet long weigh between 400 lbs. and 600 lbs. Tables of this size are usually considered small tables. Tables as long as 16-18 ft. long can weigh 600-750 lbs.
Do shuffleboard tables come apart?
Yes, shuffleboard tables come apart, and the package includes the assembly manual. They are relatively easy to assemble.
Upon considering these things, you are now ready to make that huge decision of buying your most wanted family fun game changer. Whether you want to purchase the Playcarft Extera 12’ Outdoor Shuffleboard Table with 20” Playfield, Hathaway Crestline Shuffleboard Table, or the Barrington Collection Shuffleboard Table, you are assured that they have the nicest features unique for each model. We hope that this article has guided you well enough and helped you decide your most precious buy. You will be having a great time with your family and friends playing and competing in no time. Enjoy!
Mark is a Bloomberg BusinessWeek-based digital entrepreneur, blogger, and table tennis enthusiast. He is a former professional table tennis player with the career-best USATT ranking of 2689. He is also an ITTF Level 3 certified coach and conducts weekend coaching programs in and around the New York area. Mark is also a pool player by passion. He was first introduced to the game of pool at a very early age by his granddad. He had a natural knack for the game and quickly learned the ropes, and by the time he was 15, he was already participating in local leagues. He aims to make it into the APA league someday! Mark started his own blog by starting Indoor Games Zone, where he loves to share his years of experience with the audience. He covers ping pong, pool, air hockey, shuffleboard, and foosball.
- Ping pong
- Air Hockey
Last update on 2022-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API