My friends and I love playing shuffleboard games and have been doing so since my teenage. I am also aware of the significance of a good shuffleboard wax and how it makes a shuffleboard table last long. I had run out of it and was looking for a shuffleboard powder wax that would not damage my shuffle table surface. And then my friend suggested me to look for them on Amazon. I found the best shuffleboard wax on here, and in this article, I will review the shuffleboard wax my friends and I have bought from here and used.
What is Shuffleboard Wax?
Shuffleboard wax is not a liquid wax. Instead, a powder wax spread evenly on the shuffleboard table surface to reduce the friction between the pucks and the table surface. It is made up of either ground corn, or silicon beads, and many other things. It prevents the shuffleboard table surface from scratches and helps it last for a long time.
What is Shuffleboard Table Wax Used For?
Shuffleboard powder wax is used for a lot of purposes. Such as:
The powder wax is used to reduce the friction between the shuffle table surface and the pucks. Due to constant playing and gliding the pucks over the tale surface, the body starts wearing off. The powder wax makes the surface smooth again and makes the gliding easier for the pucks.
Protects the Table Surface
Due to constant playing, the pucks start leaving scratches on the surface of the shuffleboard table. The powder wax protects the body from these scratches. It increases the durability of the table.
Retains the thickness of the table surface
The to and fro movement of the pucks on the table surface reduces its thickness. Powder wax retains the thickness of the table surface and also increases the speed of the gliding pucks.
Sawdust, and salt, etc., are all the different names of shuffleboard powder wax. As the name indicates, this wax protects the surface of the shuffleboard table it is applied on. However, it is not a liquid kind of wax. Instead, it is in powder form. It is made up of silicone or cornmeal and is non-toxic.
Shuffleboard wax serves many purposes other than protection. It increases the lifespan of the shuffleboard table and does cleaning/wiping it easier.
Comparison Table for Best Shuffleboard Wax
6 Best Shuffleboard Wax Product Review, Features
The shuffleboard game is incomplete without the playfield being waxed with a shuffleboard wax. Sun-Glo has introduced this shuffleboard wax to keep the customer’s need as a priority, ensuring they enjoy an engaging and competitive game. Sun-Glo wax is worthy of buying.
- One package of the shuffleboard wax contains one 16 oz sun-glo wax.
- This wax, when applied on the playfield, gives you the ability to control the speed.
- Sun-Glo wax ensures a fast game.
- For a consistent and competitive match, use a silicone spray.
- The sun-glo wax keeps the shuffleboard table clean.
- Silicone spray, along with a cleaner, enhances the speed of the game.
- Sun-Glo shuffleboard sweep has been made from solid wood.
- The high-quality carpet wipes off the board efficiently.
- The package weighs only 4 lbs.
- It is yellow.
Wipes the Board
Sun-Glo shuffleboard sweep has been designed and tested by professionals. It is made from solid wood and easily wipes your board. It cleans off all the powder immediately along with fine quality carpet.
Sun-Glow powders are tested for accuracy and consistency. Their application ensures you have a competitive and consistent game.
This shuffleboard wax gives you a fast game. It also enables you to control your speed. It has a massive demand for shuffleboard games and is highly recommended.
- It ensures a fast-paced game.
- It lets you control the game speed.
- Shuffleboard sweep wipes off the table quickly.
- Competitive and consistent play
- Wipes table efficiently.
- Not recommended for the pro, only for the beginners.
Why should you buy this?
If you love shuffleboard games, you must be aware of the need for a shuffleboard wax. IT ensures you have a smooth, engaging, competitive, and consistent play. And Sun-Glo wax provides all of these things.
Torpsports speed powder helps you have a smooth, fast, and consistent game. The powder wax can be recycled, and it cleans the tables quickly and efficiently. The whole package includes two 12 oz cans of table powder wax and a dustpan. Torpsports wax powder is best for its outstanding quality.
- The wax powder cleans the table quickly.
- It ensures you have a smooth playing surface.
- Powder wax can be recycled.
- The whole package includes many other things besides the powder wax.
- A dustpan is included in the package for your convenience.
- One mini broom inside the box helps you deal with the powder wax efficiently.
- Wax powder can weighs about 12 oz.
- One package includes two 12 oz powder wax cans.
- The powder wax particles are more significant than salt.
- The waxworks efficiently and provides a super-slick surface.
Torpsports powder wax provides you with a super slick shuffleboard table surface. The puck flies off even after one coat.
The whole top sports package includes two 12 oz cans of powder wax. For the convenience of the players, the package also includes a mini broom and a dustpan. This way, you can apply the powder wax effectively.
The powder wax is of high quality. It has plastic particles, and the size of particles is more extensive than salt particles. Due to this excellent quality, it does a great job of providing a smooth surface.
- Powder wax recycling
- A dustpan and a mini broom for convenience.
- High-quality powder wax
- Efficient and consistent game
- Superslick table surface
- Pucks might fly off due to the slick surface of the table.
Why should you buy this?
It is a powder wax that provides a smooth surface of the shuffleboard table. It ensures you have a consistent game. The package includes a dustpan and a mini broom for convenient application of the wax powder.
Sun-Glo shuffleboard powder wax is hands down one of the best shuffleboard wax. It not only provides you with a smooth and consistent game but makes the wiping of the table a lot easier. It includes pure silicon ball bearings and does the job efficiently. The shaker top allows the dispensing too. To read more about this powder wax, head on to the features section;
- The package includes two bottles for the convenience of the players.
- Sun-Glo wax includes silicon ball bearings.
- It is the fastest powder wax made by Sun-Glo.
- The package consists of two 16 oz bottles of Sun-Glo powder wax.
- This wax is the quickest shuffleboard wax.
- It makes the table surface smooth and gives you an ideal experience.
- Silicon ball bearings make the super slick surface of the table.
- The pucks almost fly when even a single coat of the powder wax is applied.
- 16 oz is a convenient size and weight for one bottle of wax powder.
- The shaker top allows the dispensing too.
Best Shuffleboard Powder Wax
Sun-Glow #1 powder wax is one of the best on market. One coat of this wax makes the tabletop smooth, and pucks glide easily.
Silicon Ball Bearings
The sun-glo wax includes silicon ball bearings. These silicon balls are why the polish is so smooth and provides such a slick surface of the table. The pucks almost fly off the playfield once the wax has been applied.
Light Weight Package
The package includes two bottles of powder wax. Each bottle weighs about 16 oz. This makes the box lightweight.
- Silicon ball bearings make the surface slick.
- The smooth surface of the table with one coat
- The top allows the dispensation.
- Two bottles of powder wax in one package.
- Best shuffleboard powder wax.
- The wax does not have an odor
Why should you buy this?
Sun-Glo #1 powder wax makes the tabletop smooth because it includes silicon ball bearings that make this wax super-efficient and make the table slick. Pucks glide smoothly over the table, and players have a consistent and engaging game.
The powder wax is one of the prerequisites for playing a good game. Sun-Glo Speed #6 is best powder for small tables. It ensures the players have a consistent and competitive game for the players. The Sun-Glo powder wax is designed and made by professionals, and they are tested for their accuracy.
- The package includes two cans of sun-glow powder wax.
- It can also be paired with the sweep.
- The powder works efficiently on small tables.
- For tables as long as 14 ft., it may work a bit slow.
- Sun-Glo powder wax has been tested and approved for its accuracy.
- Professionals design this powder wax.
- The powder, along with the sweep and high-quality carpet, wipes off the table quickly.
- Sun-Glo powder wax makes the table surface slick smooth.
- The wax holds the powder in place.
- The item weighs only about 1.15 lbs.
Smooth Table Surface
Sun-Glo powder wax has been designed and made by professionals and works efficiently. It makes the table surface very smooth and ensures the players have a competitive, exciting, and fun game.
Sun-Glo powders have been tested for their accuracy and approved as well. The powder wax holds the powder in place. It prevents the powder from tracking precise fan spray control.
Works excellent for Small Tables
Sun-Glo powder wax works great for small tables. They lose a wee bit of their efficiency for 14 feet tables. These powder wax serve as a perfect partner for 9-12 feet long tables.
- Works efficiently for small tables
- The perfect companion for 9-12 ft. long tables
- The powder wax holds the powder in one place.
- High-quality wax powder
- It can also be paired with a sweep.
- Not recommended for large tables.
Why should you buy this?
Sun-Glo powder wax has been tested for its accuracy, and it passed the test. They work great for small tables. Medium-sized tables are available, such as ones ranging from 9 to 12 feet long.
If you prefer a moderately fast game while playing a shuffleboard game, then Sun-Glo got you covered. This powder wax ensures you have a medium-fast match and not a very fast one. The package includes two cans of 16 oz powder wax cans.
- Strongly recommended for medium-high game
- Its former name was Fiver Star.
- The package includes two cans of powder wax.
- Each can contain about 16 oz of powder wax.
- It works ideally for 14-22 feet long tables.
- Both social players and professionals prefer this sun-glo powder wax.
- It ensures the players have a comfortable and engaging game.
- The powder wax does not have Lump.
- Sun-Glo powder wax does not injure any playing field.
- The powder wax stays in the powder form until it gets expired.
Does not Lump
The Sun-Glo powder wax has been specially designed not to lump together after the can has been opened. It stays in the powder for a long time and does not clog together.
Does not Injure Playfields
The Sun-glo powder wax works gently on all the playing fields and does not injure any. It is the main reason this powder wax is strongly recommended by all the social and tournament players alike.
Great for Long Tables
Not all powder wax works great for long tables. However, this sun-Glo powder wax works exceptionally well for tables as long as 14 to 22 feet long. It provides a medium-fast game and ensures the players have a fun and comfortable match.
- Provides a comfortable game.
- Works great for long tables.
- Provides a medium-fast game.
- Does not lump together.
- Do not injure any playfield surfaces.
- Recommended by social and pro players.
- It might not work well for fast games on long tables.
Why should you buy this?
This sun-glo powder wax works great for long tables and ensures a medium-fast game. It also makes sure the players have a fun and comfortable match. It does not lump together; neither does it harm any playing surface.
YDDS has introduced a powder wax for shuffleboard tables that work great for tables as long as 9, 12, 14, and 16 feet long. The package includes two cans of 14 oz powder can. It also contains one dustpan and one broom. The excellent quality powder wax is therefore considered one of the best shuffleboard waxes.
- The package includes two cans of powder wax.
- One can weigh about 14 oz.
- One dustpan and one broom are also included in the box for the players’ convenience.
- This powder wax works great for small and medium-sized tables.
- Powder wax works great for 9, 12, 14, and 16 foot long tables.
- This shuffleboard wax has been tested and approved.
- It provides an excellent speed for the game.
- The game speed can also be controlled.
- The broom and dustpan allow you to sweep the dirty or excess wax on the shuffleboard table.
- The powder wax ensures the accuracy of the game too.
Small and Medium Tables
This shuffleboard powder wax works great for small and medium-sized tables. It is highly recommended for tables of 9, 12, 14, and 16 feet in length.
Speed and Accuracy
Shuffleboard powder wax ensures excellent speed for the shuffle game. But at the same time, it allows you to control the speed.
Dustpan and the Broom
For the convenience of the players, the package includes a small broom and a dustpan. These are used to sweep off the excess or dirty powder wax from the table and keep the table neat and tidy.
- Great for small and medium tables.
- Provides speed and accuracy.
- Comes with a mini broom and a dustpan.
- The speed can be controlled.
- Powder wax is of high quality.
- Not practical for very long tables.
Why should you buy this?
YDDS shuffleboard powder wax has been tested and approved. It is of excellent quality. The wax keeps the table surface smooth and clean and ensures a great game. It also works great for medium and small-sized shuffleboard tables.
Read More: Best Outdoor Shuffleboard Set
Buyers Guide on Best Shuffleboard Wax
Although buying a shuffleboard wax is an easy task, few things must be kept in mind. You can order top-quality shuffleboard powder wax from Amazon. The wax quality and features are usually mentioned in the description in detail. And you can also note your queries in the comment section.
Below are the few things you need to keep in mind while looking buying shuffleboard wax.
It should not Lump
Some powder wax lump together and does not function properly once the can have been opened. However, some brands have introduced powder wax whose particles do not get merged after contact with the air. For instance, Sun-Glo #5 Speed powder wax does not lump once the bottle is opened up. And it stays in the powder form for a very long time until it gets expired.
It should not injure any Playfield Surface
Sometimes the powder wax contains constituents that do not get along well with your shuffle table surface. Therefore, always choose the shuffleboard powder wax whose components would not harm your table surface. Sun-Glo #5 Speed powder wax does not damage or injure any shuffleboard table.
Should Make the Surface Smooth
Always choose the shuffleboard powder wax that makes the surface smooth and shiny. It should not make the body greasy. Powder wax is essential for a good game; it makes the surface smooth, and pucks glide easily. Therefore, it should cause a benefit and not harm.
Different powder wax offers a speed of varying range. That means some ensure a medium-fast game, while some enable a fast game. Therefore, always be sure about what you need, and place the order for the relevant powder wax.
Last but not least, different powder wax is suitable for tables of various sizes. Some work well for small tables; some are great for medium-sized shuffleboard tables. Still, there is some powder wax that works best for the large tables. So keeping in mind the requirement of your table size and the game’s speed, you can choose a powder wax from Amazon.
These are only a few tips that one should be aware of while choosing a powder wax for their shuffleboard table. The rest you can confirm from the salesman or the product description on the e-store.
How do you Wax a Shuffleboard Table?
The first step of waxing the table is to clean it. You can do it by wiping off the table by adding some vinegar in the water and wiping the table with it. The vinegar helps remove the dirt and grime from the surface of the table. A few olive oils and wood polish drops are also added along with the vinegar because vinegar dries out the wood. Olive oil retains the moisture.
The second step involves a silicone spray. You need to spray it over the entire surface of the table. After a few minutes, pat it down with a towel. In the third step, you pour the powder wax on the entire table surface in a similar manner and let it sit for some time before wiping it off with a cloth.
What’s the Problem with Shuffleboard Wax Clumping?
Shuffleboard clumping is one major factor leading to plowing. Plowing is when the shuffleboard pucks push the powder wax as it travels from one corner or side of the board to the other side of the shuffleboard table. The puck results in piling up the shuffleboard powder wax. It can affect the game by slowing down your pucks.
What’s the Difference between Shuffleboard Wax and Powder?
Shuffleboard powders are composed of different constituents. They include Dried Silicone Beads and Ground Corn too. The powder also lets the shuffleboard puck slide smoothly across the board. Shuffleboard wax is also not wax but a powder. It is not a liquid wax. In the olden days, sawdust was used too. These days silicone beads and ground cornmeal are used.
Both of these products are used to make the pucks glide easier on the table surface.
Read More: Best Shuffleboard Cues
Frequently Asked Question
What is shuffleboard wax made of?
Shuffleboard wax is usually made up of ground cornmeal or dried silicone beads. In the old days, however, sawdust was used too.
Is shuffleboard wax toxic?
Shuffleboard wax is usually made up of Silicone beads. Silicone is a non-toxic polymer; therefore, the shuffleboard wax is non-toxic.
Does sand slow down the shuffleboard?
Sand does not slow down the shuffleboard. Powder, sand, dust, salt, cheese, sawdust, and many more are the names that are used as shuffleboard wax to reduce the friction between the table surface and the pucks.
Does shuffleboard use sand?
Sand, cheese, sawdust, or powder, etc., are the names of shuffleboard wax. They are named so because of their visual similarity with the grated cheese. They are spread on the shuffleboard table to reduce the friction between the pucks and the table surface.
What is the sand for in shuffleboard?
Shuffleboard wax that also sometimes refers to as “sand,” has two primary purposes. Its uses to reduce the friction between the table surfaces by making the pucks glide smoothly. It also helps protect the table surface from scratches this way.
How do you slow down a shuffleboard table?
While applying the shuffleboard powder wax, you should distribute it evenly on the table surface and equally. By using too much powder, you can slow down the shuffleboard table.
What do you sprinkle on the shuffleboard?
Shuffleboard powder wax sprinkles on the shuffleboard to make it faster.
Can you reuse shuffleboard wax?
Yes, the shuffleboard wax is reusable. The whole bottle or can of the powder wax is mostly not useable in one go, and the left one can be reused whenever there is a need to.
What does Speed Rating mean for shuffleboard wax?
There are different categories of shuffleboard wax. These denote by using a numeric speed rating system. The wax of the rating 1 is the slowest, while the one with the three ratings will create a slick surface for the play.
What causes shuffleboard wax clumping?
If you add the shuffleboard powder wax on the table surface without waiting for the silicone spray to dry up, it may end up clumping. Clumping also happens when there is too much moisture on the surface of the table.
Is shuffleboard sand dangerous?
The shuffleboard sand is the shuffleboard wax that is made up of non-toxic silicone polymer.
Can you clean shuffleboard wax?
You can clean your shuffleboard table wax. Using shuffleboard glaze, or cleaner, you can remove the old powder wax from the table surface.
How much shuffleboard wax should you use?
Sprinkle the shuffleboard powder wax evenly on the entire surface of the shuffleboard table. Adding too much of the wax will make the clumps and slow it down.
What is the best shuffleboard table wax for a 12 feet long table?
Sun-Glo Speed #3 shuffleboard powder wax is the best wax for a 12 feet long shuffleboard table.
- 16 oz. Can Sun-Glo #3 Speed Brown Bear Shuffleboard Powder Wax with an OPTION to Bundle with a Shuffleboard Sweep Bundle
What is the best shuffleboard wax for a 9 feet long table?
Sun-Glo #6 Medium Speed is highly recommended for a 9 feet long shuffleboard table.
- You will receive a Twin Pack (2 cans) of Sun-Glo #6 Medium Speed WITH OPTION TO BUNDLE WITH SWEEP
- Option to buy Sweep increases price considerzbley. This powder is best on smaller tables - a perfect partner to 9- to 12-foot tables. Provides a slower game for a 14-foot tabl
- The #6 Speed Shuffleboard Powder Wax (16 oz.) holds powder in place and prevents tracking Precise fan spray control. Item Weight - 1.15 lbs
- Use the Sun-Glo #6 Speed after using Sun-Glo Cleaner and Sun-Glo Silicone Spray to keep your game consistent and competitive, and your table clean. All Sun-Glo powders are tested for consistency and accuracy. And with the Sun-Glo Sweep you will always be ready for a new coat of powder.
- Sun-Glo Shuffleboard Sweep made from Solid wood and high quality carpet easily wipes your board clean of all powder for a new game. Cleans Table efficiently and effectively. Dimensions: 21"L x 2.75"W x 4.25"H Weight: 4 lbs.
We reviewed the six top shuffleboard waxes, and all of them are great. But our personal favorite is YDDS shuffleboard sand powder. This powder wax works excellent for shuffleboard tables of various lengths such as 9, 12, 14, and 16. This powder wax package also includes a broom and a dustpan for the table’s convenient wax application.
This article reviewed the six shuffleboard waxes, along with their details and a buyer’s guide for your ease and better understanding. We are hopeful this article will help you in choosing the top shuffleboard wax. Thank you for reading. Take Care!
Mark is a Bloomberg BusinessWeek-based digital entrepreneur, blogger, and table tennis enthusiast. He is a former professional table tennis player with the career-best USATT ranking of 2689. He is also an ITTF Level 3 certified coach and conducts weekend coaching programs in and around the New York area. Mark is also a pool player by passion. He was first introduced to the game of pool at a very early age by his granddad. He had a natural knack for the game and quickly learned the ropes, and by the time he was 15, he was already participating in local leagues. He aims to make it into the APA league someday! Mark started his own blog by starting Indoor Games Zone, where he loves to share his years of experience with the audience. He covers ping pong, pool, air hockey, shuffleboard, and foosball.
- Ping pong
- Air Hockey
Last update on 2022-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API