Bowling balls absorb a lot of dirt, oil, and debris as they slid through the lane. Unfortunately, when dirt and oil accumulate on the ball, they could influence its friction, movement, and overall game performance. Luckily, the bowling ball cleaner is a cost-effective way to help the ball maintain its consistency, integrity, and shiny appearance. However, to get the best performance out of your ball, you need to get the best bowling cleaner and polish on the market. With numerous products out there, choosing the best bowling cleaner can be tough.
To help you with that, we have reviewed 6 well-known cleaners on the market to help with your research. They’re as follows:
Top 6 Bowling Ball Cleaner and Polish
- Pyramid bowlingball.com Monster Tac Bowling Ball Cleaner is best for easy removal of dirt and approved by USBC at $10.99
- bowlingball.com Bowling Basics Kit is best suitable for buffing and excellent for cleaning belt marks at $15.99
- Lane Ghost Bowling Ball Cleaner Spray Kit is best for quality and effective in cleaning belt marks, oil, and dirt at $10.99
- Hammer Bowling Remove All Bowling Ball Cleaner is best for decent scrub and ensures that your ball maintains a consistent performance at $11.99
- TAC UP Bowling Ball Cleaner- 8 Ounce is best for Affordable pricing and USBC-approved at $12.98
- Storm Bowling Products Reacta Shine Bowling Ball Cleaner is best for getting rid of smudges and scuff marks in one swipe at $8.92
Comparison Table for Best Bowling Ball Cleaner and Polish
6 Best Bowling Ball Cleaner and Polish Product Review, Features
01- Pyramid bowlingball.com Monster Tac Bowling Ball Cleaner
How would you like it if your bowling ball looked and performed like a new ball in every game? The Pyramid Monster Tac makes this possible by ensuring your ball efficiently serves its purpose.
Besides being suitable for use on different cover stocks, the Pyramid Cleaner is deep and thorough. It makes sure that your ball retains its unique cover and characteristics, boosting its consistency and overall performance.
You can check its features below:
- Easy removal of dirt
- Approved by USBC
- Suitable for use on all types of bowling balls
- Ensures your bowling ball is clean
- Keeps your equipment clean
- It comes in suitable sizes to fit your bowling bag
- 10.5 inches long
- 4.4 inches wide
- 4.3 inches long
- Weighs 1.04 kgs
- Manufactured by bowlingball.com
Each cleaning leaves your ball looking new, ensuring it looks the exact way you intend it to. The cleaning only removes the additional unwanted surface on the ball and does not tamper with its original surface. Besides, it doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals that could react with the ball or the bowling lane.
The cleaner comes in the form of a spray bottle, which adds to its cleaning convenience. The spray nozzle makes it easy to use as you spray the cleaning solution on the ball’s surface and wipe it clean. Besides, its USBC certificate eliminates any worries of violating the prevailing bowling rules.
- Made by a reputable manufacturing company that guarantees top-notch performance
- It offers great value for your money
- It prevents oil from accumulating on the balls
- Ensures your balls maintain their original finish
- Enhances your ball’s performance
- No issue of residue on the balls after cleaning
- The spray head can jam on some occasions
- Some may find the smell
02- bowlingball.com Bowling Basics Kit
If you are on the lookout for an all-in-one cleaning kit solution for your bowling ball, look no further than the Bowling Basics Kit from Lane Ghost. The kit is inclusive of all the cleaning supplies you may need.
It comes with a ball cleaner, a cleaning pad, and a dry-grip ball. All these items are included in the kit for a reasonable price which is a great deal. The cleaner component is Monster Tac cleaner which is a high-quality cleaner that can take out even the faintest scuff mark on your ball.
Its features are as follows:
- 4-oz bottle
- Pack includes a pad for application
- Easily cleans and polishes your ball
- It comes with a grip ball to keep your hands dry
- The grip ball comes in a random color
- A suitable size that can fit in different bowling bags
- 7 inches long
- 6 inches wide
- 0.4 inches height
- Package weights 0.32 kilograms
- Item weighs 0.71 pounds
The pad in the kit helps in the application of the cleaning solution. The last component, the dry-grip ball, keeps your hands dry to hold the ball in position. It is especially useful in hot climates where sweat may interfere with your ability to grip the ball.
This kit offers you three products in a single package. The positive reviews of this product should be enough to warrant it to be at the top of your list.
- Ideal for beginners
- It restores the glory of your ball after cleaning
- The kit comes with a grip ball to keep your hands dry
- Easy to use
- Suitable for buffing
- Excellent for cleaning belt marks
- Some people find the cloth a little too small
- The spray nozzle is weak and prone to breaking
03- Lane Ghost Bowling Ball Cleaner Spray Kit
This spray kit from Lane Ghost is by far the top-rated product on this list. Lane Ghost is a top-notch cleaner that works as promised. It’s capable of removing belt marks, oily scum, and dust marks efficiently.
Also, it is USBC-approved, which means it has met the set standards required from bowling ball cleaners. Besides, Lane Ghost works well with different bowling balls cover material such as urethane, resin, plastic, and proactive particles.
Its features are as follows:
- Suitable for different types of bowling balls
- Made in the USA
- Uses environmentally safe products
- Manufactured by Wenley House, Inc.
- The manufacturers are avid bowlers, which guarantee the quality of the spray kit
- Improves the efficiency of the ball during the game
- It comes as one pack
- Weighs 0.24 kilograms
- 7 inches long
- 3 inches wide
- 1.4 inches high
Other than performance, Lane Ghost is exclusively made in the USA. It has undergone rigorous testing and optimal manufacturing standards. Interesting enough is that the product is affordable while offering everything and more than more pricey options in the market.
To sum it up, this cleaner spray kit comes with a cleaning cloth. Thus, you won’t have to worry about getting the right cloth cleaner to match the spray. If you have tried numerous USBC approved cleaners for your bowl and still weren’t able to get the scuff marks off, try Lane Ghost. It remains the top and most effective bowling ball cleaner in the market.
- It comes with a free towel
- Approved by USBC, which ascertains its quality
- Easy to use
- Effective in cleaning belt marks, oil, and dirt
- Reasonable pricing
- Promotes consistent ball curve during bowling
- Compact and will fit well in your bag
- There are a few complaints about the cleaner not getting rid of all the oil marks
- The microfiber rug it comes with is quite small
04- Hammer Bowling Remove All Bowling Ball Cleaner
This cleaner is designed to help you eliminate the dirt, oil, scuff marks and other debris from your ball and restore it to its original look.
Since experts design it, Hammer Bowling Ball cleaner is ideal for reactive urethane and plastic balls. It gets rid of debris and oil and makes your ball appear like new at the end of the cleaning session.
The cleaner can achieve all that, thanks to its features:
- Restore the new feel of your bowling ball
- It comes in an 8-ounce bottle
- 5.08 cm long
- 5.08 cm wide
- 20.32 cm high
- Weigh 0.07 kgs
- Manufactured by Ebonite International Inc
- Has been in the market since 2017
The Hammer Bowling Ball Cleaner is completely safe to use. It comes in a compact size, which makes it ideal for carrying along with you.
Also, it is a USBC-approved product that ensures that it has complied with the set rules and regulations. If you like a bowling cleaner that you can use during leagues, you can confidently bring this product along.
- Restores your ball to new as advertised
- A single application is enough for a decent scrub
- Works best if used right after bowling
- Ensures that your ball maintains a consistent performance
- Compact and lightweight
- Not ideal for use on dull balls
- Some complain that the ball is left sticky after cleaning
05- TAC UP Bowling Ball Cleaner- 8 Ounce
If you are looking to beat your friends in a bowling game and maintain your bowling prowess, then this cleaner will do just that and more.
It can cut into the dirt and any oily rings effectively. This allows you to get any dirt or unwanted substance from the ball, enhancing your hook potential. It comes in an 8-ounce bottle which you might need to apply often, making it the best choice for a casual bowler.
Take a look at its features:
- It uses a strong biodegradable formula
- Restores the original look and functioning of your ball
- The manufacturing company has more than 30 years of experience in the bowling industry
- 7.25 inches long
- 2 inches wide
- 2 inches high
- Weighs 0.64 pounds
- It comes in an 8-ounce bottle
- It has been in the market since 2014
As it is made of a strong bio-degradable formula, it can easily remove accumulated oil rings from your ball. Thus, you can rely on it for better consistency and performance. Also, it will help lengthen the lifespan of your ball. The bottle is small and ideal for carrying around in your bag.
- Effectively cleans bowling balls to guarantee more strikes in games
- It makes the ball slightly tacky, which can be to your advantage
- Gets rid of dirt, oil, and belt marks
- Affordable pricing
- Restores the shiny and sleek appearance of your ball
- It eliminates belt marks
- It has a strong smell which some may not appreciate
- A little pricey compared to other cleaners in the market but offers value for its price
06- Storm Bowling Products Reacta Shine Bowling Ball Cleaner
If you’re looking for a unique type of bowling ball cleaner, then the Storm Bowling Cleaner is the ideal option. This cleaner features a rare type of cleaning composition to give you the best cleaning experience.
The cleaner has a foamy liquid which makes it easy to clean your ball using the minimal application.
It comes in a small and compact 8-ounce bottle. This means you can easily carry the cleaner around in your bag. Also, the components making the cleaner are tough enough to remove oil and scuff marks but gentle enough not to tamper with the original surface of your ball. This means that you can retain your ball’s original look.
Its amazing features are as follows:
- Compact 4-ounce bottle
- Revives the shiny look of your bowling ball
- 5.842 cm long
- 5.334 cm wide
- 13.462 cm high
- Weighs 0.35 pounds
- The package weighs 0.35 pounds.
- It comes as a single item.
- Manufactured by Rapala
- Item package is 5.3 inches long, 2.3 inches wide and 2.1 inches high.
- Has been in the market since 2016
Storm Cleaner is designed to be directly applied to the ball then wiped off, unlike other sprays, which you need to spray on the rug first to wipe off. This application makes it ideal for targeting certain areas such as the oil ring for better results.
- Effective for getting rid of smudges and scuff marks in one swipe
- Restores a brand new appearance on the ball
- Increases the performance of your ball by ensuring it moves fast
- It completely gets rid of track marks
- It offers decent quality for its price
- The cleaner has a faint and pleasant banana smell
- Unlike other cleaners that leave your ball slick and sticky, it leaves it smooth instead
- The packaging may be different from what is advertised
- It is labelled as highly flammable and may need extra care during storage
Buyers Guide on Best Bowling Ball Cleaner and Polish
It is important to clean the bowling ball. The cleaning removes the lane dirt and oil that the ball picks from the lane. Moreover, it is necessary to keep the ball shining for better performance. To have these facilities, you need a bowling ball cleaner. What is the best bowling ball cleaner, and what does it include? You need to make sure that the bowling ball cleaner comes with these below-given things that guarantee the quality bowling ball cleaner and polish.
For all Balls
The cleaner must be universal to work on almost all type of bowling balls. Therefore, you need to ensure that the cleaner can be used for many types of the bowling ball.
The bowling ball needs standard things that are approved by the official. Further, if you have the cleaner that is approved by the USBC, you can use it in the tournament. All enlisted cleaners are USBC approved.
The brand must give the guarantee of the high quality of the product. The brands that stand behind the product always make the best bowling ball cleaner. All the above-given cleaner come from the brands that stand 100% behind the product.
If you are a regular bowling ballplayer, you must have the bowling ball bag. Almost all the bowling ball bags come with the additional. Therefore, the size of the cleaner should be convenient to be stored in an additional pocket. Size of all the bowling mentioned above ball cleaner is convenient.
The bowling ball cleaning requires a cleaner and a microfiber towel. So, you need to buy the cleaner which comes with the microfiber towel. Many of the mentioned product has the microfiber towel.
Why is it Important to Clean Bowling Ball Regularly?
Why do we need to clean the things? There are multiple reasons: one, we want the things to remain new; second, we want the things to work properly. In like manner, it is important to clean the bowling ball. It is suggested that a bowler should clean a bowling bowl after ten to fifteen games. However, it is not permissible to clean the bowl during the tournament.
As mentioned above, first, it is necessary to clean the bowling ball to keep it anew. Worn out bowling ball will look bad to play with. Therefore, to give you the feel of a new ball, you need to clean.
Second, when you play the bowling ball, you need to throw the ball into the alley. When you repeat the task of throwing, the ball gets dirty with dust and oil. Therefore, you clean it to remove the oil and dirt accumulated during the play.
Finally, many methods are applied to have the better slide in the ball. Hence, the player also cleans the ball to have the best performance. Further, it is polished to have a proper grip on the ball. Without cleaning, the game will be, in many cases, unsuccessful.
How do you Shine a Bowling Ball at Home?
It is pretty easy to shine a bowling ball at home. To achieve shine in the ball, you need to have certain things. These things include a microfiber towel and polish. You can buy these things from above-given lists. Once you have these two things at your home, it will be easy to shine a bowling ball at home.
The first step will be to dry the ball with the microfiber towel. This step is necessary because, during play, the bowling ball picks up dirt and oil from the bowling alley.
The second step will be to apply the polish on the bowling ball surface with the finger on each side of the ball. The polish should be applied in a circular motion.
The last step will be to buff the ball with a clean microfiber towel. It should be noted that the microfiber towel should be clean. If you use the used microfiber towel after polishing the bowling ball, you need to start the process from square one. Hence, to shine the ball, you need a few things. The process is as easy as can be. It will be very much possible to shine the bowling ball at home.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use to polish my bowling ball?
The bowling ball needs polish to slide well. Therefore, you need to use the spray to polish the ball. The link of a spray is given below.
Pyramid bowlingball.com Monster TAC Bowling Ball Cleaner
- Keep your equipment clean and ready for the lanes
- Easy application, easy removal
- Convenient sizes for bowling bags
- USBC Approved
- Safe for all bowling balls
How often should I polish my bowling ball?
Any time you can polish. Further, it should be polished when it is dull. However, it is suggested that the ball should be polished after every 15 games.
Can you polish a solid bowling ball?
The grit of solid bowling ball is high. Consequently, it comes polished. However, one can polish a solid bowling ball.
Can I use Windex to clean my bowling ball?
Many bowlers use Windex to clean the bowl. However, Windex should be used when the ball accumulates more than mere oil. In any other case, homemade ways will be good.
Is it OK to clean a bowling ball with rubbing alcohol?
Yes, it is OK to clean a bowling ball with the rubbing alcohol. This best way to do this is to mix the water and rubbing alcohol in an s spray bottle. Now, it will be easy to clean.
Can you polish a bowling ball with car wax?
The bowling ball has the pores just like a human, and the car wax contains wax. Therefore, reach for the wax-free polish.
Can you use Windex to clean bowling ball?
Yes, you can use Windex to clean the bowling ball. The Windex is used when the ball gets dirtier than oil.
Can you use acetone to clean a bowling ball?
Yes, you can use acetone to clean a bowling ball. However, make sure that you don’t leave the acetone on the ball.
Can you use sandpaper on a bowling ball?
Yes, you can use sandpaper on a bowling ball. Before the arrival of abralon, the sandpapers were used to clean the bowling ball.
Can you clean your bowling ball during league play?
It is important to take the permission from a league tournament official. Further, you can only use a product that is enlisted. However, you cannot use acetone.
Having a clean bowling ball will help improve your consistency and enhance the durability of your ball. If you want to best bowling ball cleaner and polish for your balls, our top pick for that would be the top-rated Lane Ghost Bowling Ball Cleaner Spray Kit.
Since it’s been approved by the USBC and is made by a leading company, you can expect nothing less but exceptional results.
- IMPROVE YOUR GAME: Removes oil buildup, dirt, dust, and belt marks from your ball while reviving the natural tack to the balls surface. Maintaining a clean ball improves reaction ensuring that you throw a perfect hook everytime.
- UNITED STATES BOWLING CONGRESS APPROVED: Lane Ghost is in an exclusive club of USBC approved bowling ball cleaners. The USBC tests for changes in hardness of ball and residue, and only the top tier cleaners are approved.
- MADE FOR BOWLERS BY BOWLERS: Lane Ghost’s team is made up of avid bowlers who know exactly what it takes to work your way towards that perfect game. Our cleaner has been rigorously tested and reformulated until we were confident that we had the top performing cleaner on the market.
- SAFE FOR ALL TYPES OF BOWLING BALLS: Safe and effective on all coverstock materials - plastic, urethane, reactive resin, and particle proactive. No matter what type of ball you’re throwing you can be confident that Lane Ghost will keep it clean and in optimal condition.
- MADE IN THE USA: Lane Ghost is proud to keep all of our manufacturing and customer service in the USA. We stand behind all of our products 100%. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your order please let us know and we will be sure to make it right!
This article came into being to bring easy in search of fellow bowling players. When you use the bowling ball more than ten to fifteen times, it requires cleaning. The question is how to clean and what to use for the cleaning? These were the two important questions that this article intended to answer. The products enlisted unarguably the top quality bowling ball cleaner and polish.
Further, the details that this article contains and the answers that the article provides are all from the authentic source. You can be the one for whom this article proved very beneficial. You will be helped greatly if you heedfully read the article once.
Carl works as a charted account by day, and sports enthusiast and amateur fiction writer by the weekend. He was a multi-sport athlete in his school days and played Division 3 lacrosse in college. He is a gear freak and is always looking for an excuse to upgrade his sports equipment. When not working or playing, he likes to hike and explore the countryside. Carl is a certified basketball athlete by the Basketball Association of America and has participated National Basketball League in 2016. He played for Akron Goodyear Wingfoot’s.
Moreover, Carl is also a badminton expert and he is playing it since 2006 when he was at standard 8. He has won several badminton championships and one remarkable is the Yonex USA International 2015. Also, he is an expert in Bowling.
Carl is the Co-Founder & Editor-In-Chief of Indoor Games Zone. He shares his expertise on basketball, badminton, and bowling on our website to help people get the best tips and products they are searching for.
Last update on 2022-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API