Badminton is one of the best recreational sports for your family and friends to enjoy. It requires little physical activity and is relatively easy to learn, even for kids and beginners. This sport can be played indoors, such as in gymnasiums or a sports complex. It can also be played outside, such as in parks or other open places. To play, you only need a few things. Other than a partner to play with, you will only need two rackets and a shuttlecock. If you play outdoors, however, you have to use a shuttlecock that works well outdoors. With that said, here are the best shuttlecock for outdoor options for you to choose from.
Table of Contents
Top 6 Shuttlecocks for Outdoor
- Ohuhu LED Badminton Birdies is best for high-quality material at $9.99
- ZHENAN 12-Pack Advanced Goose Feather Badminton Shuttlecocks is best for extremely resistant to beating and is made to last at $9.99
- Champion Sports Nylon Outdoor Shuttlecocks is best for nylon construction is very durable and can withstand a hard beating at $8.59
- HIRALIY 24 Pack Nylon Badminton Shuttlecocks Birdies is best because it can be thrown at different speeds when training in batting at $14.99
- HIRALIY 24 Pack Feather Badminton Shuttlecocks Birdies is best for protective tubes to protect the feathers at $13.99
- ZHENAN 12-Pack Advanced Goose Feather Badminton Shuttlecocks is best for solid cork head that can withstand several high-intensity beatings of the badminton racket at $8.99
Comparison Table for Best Shuttlecock for Outdoor
6 Best Shuttlecocks for Outdoor Product Reviews
Sometimes, you get the urge to play badminton even in the dark. However, badminton is a sport you can’t play properly with poor lighting. So what better way to solve this problem than with glow-in-the-dark shuttlecocks?
With Ohuhu LED Badminton birdies, you can now play badminton even in the dark. This shuttlecock, made by Ohuhu, makes playing badminton more fun, even at night.
- Each shuttlecock weighs approximately 6.7 grams.
- The items dimensions are 3.39 x 2.68 x 2.6
- Equipped with high quality LED lights that turn green, blue, or red
- One-Button Activation that enables you to turn the LED light on or off
- High-quality materials with a cork ball head and goose feathers
- Relatively lightweight and comes with a great bounce, and is easy to handle
- This shuttlecock is a great option for recreational players who wish to play at any given time
- This product comes in a pack of 4
- The pack contains three shuttlecocks that come in red, blue, green, with one shuttlecock that alternates between the three colors
- Due to its lightweight construction, it can go to high speeds as well. This is good for those who enjoy a slightly competitive play.
- Requires 1 LR44 battery
- High-quality material
- It can be used at night
- All-purpose use
- Easy to handle
- LED powers eventually down
- Requires batteries
This shuttlecock is a must-buy for recreational players who like to play at any time of the day.
This is a very durable badminton shuttlecock pack developed by ZHENAN. It can withstand successive strong beating making it good for highly competitive plays and players who like to play at high speeds. This can also be played for fun and recreational activities.
This shuttlecock is designed to last and comes in a pack of 12. For those who enjoy recreational badminton playing, you may not need to purchase another pack of shuttlecocks for quite some time, as these shuttlecocks are made to last.
- The color of the shuttlecocks is all white.
- Made of advanced goose feathers and a solid cork head
- It has a stout feather pole. The feathers are all balanced and are of the same length, which greatly improves the shuttlecock’s stability.
- The goose feathers underwent a special process and are treated with a special formula.
- As a result, the shuttlecock is extremely resistant to beating and is made to last.
- The high-quality goose feathers go through an infrared selection which makes the feathers thick and straight.
- It has a dense and sturdy coil.
- The cotton thread is of high quality.
- The shuttlecocks are very durable
- The materials used are of great quality
- Stable flight path
- Feathers are uniform and are arranged carefully
- It contains 12 durable shuttlecocks
- It has higher air resistance and can be difficult to play with during windy days
- Quite durable but doesn’t compare much too plastic shuttlecocks.
With 12 shuttlecocks, this pack will go a long way when it comes to recreational play. For competitive plays, however, it may not last long but will still suffice nonetheless. Overall, it’s a great option for those looking for a shuttlecock to be used outdoors.
Next up on our list is the Nylon Outdoor shuttlecock by Champion sports. Nylon shuttlecocks are significantly more durable compared to feathered shuttlecocks. They can last longer and resist hard beatings with the racket.
They also have less air resistance. This means that they’re playable even on slightly windy days. These shuttlecocks are good for playing in the park or some other open field. Although these are not the best shuttlecocks available in the market today, they’re still good for beginners who want to play for entertainment.
You can use them to play outside, even without a net. Overall, they’re good for family outings and hangouts with friends.
- It comes in 6 pieces per pack, so you won’t need to worry about having too few shuttlecocks in case of damages.
- Relatively cheaper than other brands out there
- The nylon construction is very durable and can withstand a hard beating.
- Good for outdoor plays.
- Product dimensions are 8.9 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches
- The product weighs about 3.99 ounces.
- It also has a nylon base which works extremely well for outdoor plays.
- The shuttlecocks come in white color.
- The shuttlecock is well made and does not break easily.
- It has less air resistance and can be played during windy days.
- Relatively lighter and can be used for both recreational and slightly competitive play.
- Able to withstand successive hard beatings from the badminton racket
- Very cheap
- Quite durable
- Relatively light
- Has less air-resistance
- Very good for outdoor plays
- There are better brands available
- It could use a bit more features
These nylon shuttlecocks from Champion Sports are not the best out there, but they will suffice for outdoor recreational plays. These shuttlecocks are worth exploring.
This product comes in a pack of 24 nylon badminton shuttlecocks! Having this product ensures that you will never go short of your shuttlecock needs for quite some time. Furthermore, these birdies can also be used for batting practice.
Children who are new to badminton can use these as their beginner shuttlecocks. This shuttlecock pack by HIRALIY is worth considering when you want to buy shuttlecocks in bulk. They’re quite great for playing outdoors as they don’t get affected by the wind compared to feathered shuttlecocks.
- These shuttlecocks are good for batting practice. New players and even experienced players can use this for training or warm-up.
- It comes in 24 pieces in a single package.
- It can be thrown at different speeds when training in batting. Players can practice in different trajectories and at different speeds.
- The head is fixed with super glue.
- The nylon feathers improve the stability of its flight path.
- It can be used by amateur and recreational badminton players.
- Relatively cheap, considering the bulk of the package
- The shuttlecock has a small cork base.
- Very durable and can be used for badminton and batting practice many times.
- The shuttlecocks can be easily used even for a beginner.
- They are carefully designed to have a stable flight path.
- Very cheap considering there are 24 pieces per pack
- Easy to use
- Good for batting practice and amateur badminton
- A bit heavy so that the game will be a bit faster
- The racket guts will have a shorter life span since the shuttlecocks are heavier
These shuttlecocks are good for long trips and vacations. In addition, the sheer number of shuttlecocks in the package will sure come in handy during several plays or training sessions.
Another 24 pack badminton shuttlecocks from HIRALIY. This time, the shuttlecocks are not made of nylon but are rather made of feathers. Feathered shuttlecocks are more resistant to air but are also more stable and lighter than nylon shuttlecocks. These are great for badminton and batting training as well.
The pack comes with 24 shuttlecocks in a single package, making it very cost-effective and great for bulk buying. In addition, feathered shuttlecocks offer stable flight trajectories, making them good for beginners and more experienced badminton players.
- It comes in 24 pieces per pack
- They come in protective tubes to protect the feathers
- The feathers are of high quality, ensuring a stable flight path and easy-to-hit shots
- The feathers were selected from ducks
- The head is durable, making it resistant to high impact shots
- The feathers are carefully placed on improving the lifespan of the shuttlecock during high-intensity play.
- Suitable for recreational and slightly competitive badminton plays
- It can also be used for batting practice.
- Pitchers can throw the shuttlecock at varying speeds and trajectory to improve the timing of the batter
- Relatively cheaper considering there are 24 pieces in a single package
- It has a solid cork head that can withstand repetitive hits.
- The duck feathers are all the same length and uniformly placed.
- Relatively cheap
- Made of high-quality materials
- Considerable durable despite being a feathered shuttlecock
- Since these are made of feathers, they will get damaged sooner or later
- It has greater air resistance than the nylon variation
This is a good alternative to the nylon shuttlecocks. These shuttlecocks are more stable, albeit they have shorter lifespans. Nevertheless, it also comes in 24 pieces per package, so it should be enough.
These advanced goose feather shuttlecocks from ZHENAN are last on our list. The pack comes with 12 pieces which are perfect for badminton players of all levels. These shuttlecocks offer great stability and durability. You can play several games on this package alone. Furthermore, they come in a unique black color, which stands out from other shuttlecock designs.
- It comes in a package of 12 pieces
- It has a solid cork head that can withstand several high-intensity beatings of the badminton racket.
- Uses advanced goose feathers for improved stability and flight path
- The goose feathers undergo infrared selection for maximum quality.
- Feathers are thick, straight, and have good strength.
- The smooth goose feathers undergo a special formula.
- Feather poles are stout.
- This shuttlecock features rough shag pieces of hair, all of the same lengths, improving the shuttlecock’s stability.
- Beautiful goose feathers are colored black, making them unique
- High-quality cotton thread
- The coil is very dense and durable as well.
- Feathers are neatly arranged. The angles and length are uniforms to ensure a stable flight trajectory.
- It comes in a unique black color.
- Uses high-quality materials
- Considerable durable
- Has excellent stability
- Relatively affordable
- Feathers may fall out after consecutive hard hits
- Sometimes the color black can be difficult to see in poorly lit areas.
Last but not least, this shuttlecock pack will surely cater to your needs. This is perfect for recreational plays and slightly competitive plays. Feathered shuttlecocks have a shorter lifespan but have better flight paths and are more stable.
They’re slightly heavier as well, making the game faster and more challenging.
Buyer’s Guide on the Best Shuttlecock for Outdoor
In this article, we have exhibited various leading brands of shuttlecocks available in the market. In the badminton game, the shuttlecock’s quality plays an important role in giving an outstanding performance. A different variety of shuttlecocks fuels the market, and it’s sometimes confusing for the buyer to opt for the best shuttlecocks for outdoor games and indoor games. You can never find a perfect shuttlecock, and there is no rocket science to get the ideal one. Still, in this section, we will elaborate on some important points that you should keep in mind while going to select the shuttlecocks that best suit your game. These points can be implied to players of all skill levels.
Type of Shuttlecock
First, the most important factor to consider before buying is to decide what type of shuttlecock you want? Feather or Nylon, it merely depends on the game you intended to play it is a professional level game or just to spend your leisure time with kids by playing badminton.
Look for the ideal shuttlecock speed range according to the ambient in which you will play the game. We have listed above some products that offer different speed range for different climate regions.
Are you a pro or a beginner? Selecting a shuttlecock requires what kind of player you are? If you are buying for recreational or school training, we have listed above some of the leading products you should opt for. Same with the tournaments, you have to get into the product’s details and features that help you deliver better performance.
Which shuttlecock is better, feather or plastic?
A manufacturing material of shuttlecock matters a lot to have a better performance. The two types of shuttlecocks are available in the market the feather shuttlecocks and Nylon or Synthetic ones. Both give a different level of performance at different conditions. Most players prefer feather shuttles as it is easy to handle with great flight accuracy. So, if you are an amateur and buy for tournaments, you should go for feather shuttlecocks, whereas Nylon or plastic ones are mostly used for practicing and recreational purposes. Nylon shuttle gives a flat flight trajectory, whereas feather ones give a U shaped trajectory. The choice of feather or plastic also depends on the type of base. The foam base makes the shuttlecock lightweight making it easy to handle, and you can give accurate shots during the game.
How can I Play Badminton in Windy Conditions?
It’s not impossible to in windy condition play but difficult, and you need to be tackier to handle the situation-deliverer ing appalling shots. You should opt for the shuttlecocks that are efficient in outdoor games. We have discussed some of this earlier in this article, and more you can find from any authentic place of sports gear. These shuttlecocks are specially designed to work well in a windy environment. Go for the shuttlecocks with a fast speed range and has great aerodynamic lifts with less recovery time. As the direct shuttlecock’s speed proportional to the shuttlecock accelerations, it will travel faster through the court. Another most important thing is to give powerful strikes rather than defensive strokes.
What extra features to look into for buying the best shuttlecock for outdoor?
The shuttlecock you use during the game matters a lot in becoming a pro player. Many experts suggest considering a range of features in playing outdoor badminton games. Some features we already discussed like the materials, the brand, and the shuttlecock speed range. But there is much more to consider the ambient temperature, price, and wind speeds.
The structure of the shuttlecock should also be taken into consideration before buying. The structure of any shuttlecock mainly consists of three parts the skirt, base, and pipe. The shuttlecock’s skirt is formed with thin lines, and it is firmly attached to the base. The skirt is further categorized into synthetic and feathers. The composition of the skirt gives aerodynamic properties to the shuttlecock. So always go for the shuttlecocks that have a sturdy structure.
Always go for the shuttlecocks that give value for the money. The most common formula here is the more expensive product with more features, more features related to the leading brands. The same implies in the case of purchasing the best shuttlecocks. We have listed some famous brands offering unique features. All you have to do is set your budget and look for the shuttlecock that doesn’t burden your budget. We have listed the shuttlecocks from all price ranges to don’t have much homework to do.
Best Shuttlecock for Outdoor: FAQ
Which feather is used in shuttlecock?
Feathers of the left wings of ducks or geese are mostly used in shuttlecocks. These feathers are very delicate and prone to lasts in a short time.
What is the most durable shuttlecock?
Our detailed analysis and research found that shuttlecocks boast better flight characteristics with a sturdy structure that long lasts is known to be the most durable shuttlecocks.
- The combination of close-to-feather shuttlecock flight performance and four to five times more durability than an ordinary nylon shuttlecock makes the Yonex Mavis series the most cost-effective choice for practice sessions
- When smashed, a Mavis shuttlecock recovers in only 0.02 seconds, this performance is just 0.005 seconds slower than a Yonex feather shuttlecock and 0.008 seconds faster than the recovery of an ordinary shuttlecock
- Players should always use the shuttlecocks best suited to the playing environment, in the cold, as the skirt becomes hard, it is prone to breaking, in the hot, the skirt becomes softer and less likely to break
- Yonex manages product quality by categorising Mavis into 3 temperatures, please ensure that you choose the shuttlecock best suited to the playing environment
- Shuttlecocks should be stored away from high temperatures and the tube kept upright with the cork side of the shuttlecock facing down
How long do feather shuttles last?
Usually, feather shuttles do not last long. Especially in a dry climate, the feathers become rigid, and they last in just 4 to 5 games. To make them last longer, you need to do some tricks like moist them before the game.
Which shuttlecock is better, feather or Nylon.
Well, it depends on the different elements which we have discussed earlier. There is no hard and fast rule to evaluate which one is better. Go for the option that balances between price and durability or, in other words, gives value for the money.
Is feather shuttlecock better than plastic?
In some cases, it is better than plastic. If we see from the economic point of view, plastic would be better. On the other hand, feather shuttlecocks give more aerodynamic lift and accelerate with low angle and decelerate at a wider angle, making it easier for the player to hit. Therefore, many amateurs prefer feathered shuttlecocks as it’s easy to handle.
Is Mavis 350 shuttlecock better than Mavis 300?
Yes, because Mavis 350 shuttles are designed as close to feather-like shuttlecocks. There is not much difference between these two shuttles if we talk about the performance. Although Mavis 350 can be heavier to our pockets, they were the most long-lasting compared to the Mavis 300. Moreover, it offers flight stability with consistent flight patterns.
Read More: How is Badminton unlike Other Racquet Sports
With these six options for the best shuttlecock outdoors, there’s one that stood out from the rest. Despite the close competition, the ZHENAN 12-Pack Advanced Goose Feather Badminton Shuttlecocks come in first. It comes in white color and generally has better features compared to everything else on the list. However, this is a close fight, and you can easily substitute any option from this list.
Carl works as a charted account by day, and sports enthusiast and amateur fiction writer by the weekend. He was a multi-sport athlete in his school days and played Division 3 lacrosse in college. He is a gear freak and is always looking for an excuse to upgrade his sports equipment. When not working or playing, he likes to hike and explore the countryside. Carl is a certified basketball athlete by the Basketball Association of America and has participated National Basketball League in 2016. He played for Akron Goodyear Wingfoot’s.
Moreover, Carl is also a badminton expert and he is playing it since 2006 when he was at standard 8. He has won several badminton championships and one remarkable is the Yonex USA International 2015. Also, he is an expert in Bowling.
Carl is the Co-Founder & Editor-In-Chief of Indoor Games Zone. He shares his expertise on basketball, badminton, and bowling on our website to help people get the best tips and products they are searching for.
Last update on 2022-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API