Looking for the best bowling ball spinner? Before that let me tell you ,y own experience.
My friends and I love playing with bowling balls. It has been our favorite sport for the past few years. Every weekend, we arrange a small get together and play this game for hours. Since we frequently play this game, we often faced dirty bowling balls with rough and dusty surfaces. Whenever we met the need to get it polished, we would do it by hand.
It took a lot of time, and the result was never satisfactory. Until one day, one of my friends came across the bowling ball spinner machines on Amazon. We order two machines, and the result was terrific. The quality, the machine’s performance, and all its features were of excellent quality.
We loved our purchase. And to help out other people like ourselves, who might be looking for bowling ball machines, we are writing this detailed review of these best bowling ball spinners. These have reasonable prices, and Amazon delivers them in a short span. If you face a problem with your product or find it dissatisfactory, you can also get a refund. Please read this article, and let us know in the comment which spinner machine you are going to order.
Table of Contents
What are the Best Bowling Ball Spinners?
- Best for regular use: Salmon Creek NuBall at $189.95
- Best for professional use: Pyramid Phoenix Personal Bowling Ball Revivor at $189.99
- Best for state-level use: Innovative Personal Ball Spinner at $273.82
- Best for regular use at tournament level: Innovative Personal Bowling Ball Revivor at $229.95
- Best for Sturdiness and reliability: Bowlerstore Products Innovative 2 Speed Ball Spinner at $649.95
What is Bowling Ball Spinner?
A bowling ball spinner is a machine that runs on electricity. Its primary purpose is to spin the bowling ball that has gotten dirty over time. The spinner machine cleans your ball by extracting the oil and dirt from it. You plug in the switch and set its speed, it rotates, and the ball evenly gets heated from all sides. This way, its excess oil and dirt from its pores are removed. Later, you apply a polishing agent on the ball while it is still spinning on the spinner. Bowling ball spinner helps you resurface your bowling ball in this way.
How We Tested the Products
As I mentioned earlier, the sole motivation behind writing this review is my personal experience with these bowling ball spinners. In this paragraph, we will shed light on it. We ordered two spinner machines. One of them was Pyramid Phoenix Personal Ball Revivor, which we got for $189.99. This spinner has a revolutionary heating system. It heats the ball evenly without overheating it or causing any damage to its surface. Moreover, its cylinder has a great diameter of 14 inches. It also has a time and temperature readout, and since we were new users, we did not have to fuss about the duration and temperature.
The other spinner machine we ordered was Bowlerstore Products Innovative 2 Speed Ball Spinner. We bought this for $649.95. We know it sounds a bit expensive, but it’s worth it. It has an Aluminum base, and it has two-speed ranges. It has a horsepower motor, and all its shafts and bolts are machined. It is a very durable spinner machine and extracts excessive oil and dirt effectively. These spinners are outstanding products and are the best bowling ball spinners. If you are looking for one, you know where to buy it. Let’s dive into product details and discuss its features and specifications.
Comparison Table for Best Bowling Ball Spinner
6 Best Bowling Ball Spinner Product Review, Features
Salmon Creek ball spinner is one of the best bowling ball spinners because it keeps the user’s needs in view. It warms the bowling ball to a moderate temperature of 135F. The temperature does not exceed, so the ball is never in danger. The machine has a specially designed built-in stand. The ball is placed on this stand when it needs to be warmed up. For easy disposal of the ball, the stand is designed to catch the drips of oil. To know more about this product, head on to its features section:
- Salmon Creek ball spinner heats the ball at a moderate temperature.
- The heat circulates inside the machine.
- Automatic heat circulation saves the need to turn or rotate the ball.
- The ball is heated up to 135F.
- Salmon Creek NuBall works perfectly at 110V power.
- The product weighs only 8.05 Pounds.
- Lightweight makes this item easily portable.
- The usual usage timing for one ball is one hour.
- If you want to increase the voltage up to 220V, an additional converter is required.
- The converter can handle up to 500W.
Salmon Creek NuBall spinner works extensively on 110V. It usually cannot deal with the higher voltage. However, if the voltage is high such as 220V, you need to attach a converter, and then the spinner can handle up to 500w.
No Danger to the Ball
Salmon Creek NuBall is also one of the best bowling ball spinners because it warms the ball to a very moderate temperature of 135F. Higher temperature may danger the ball, and lower temperature may not heat it at all. Therefore, it is perfect for routine use.
The ball spinner weighs only 8.05 Pounds. Due to very little weight, it is easily portable. Its working duration is 1 hour, and it has a perfect size. All these qualities make it a very reliable and durable bowling ball spinner.
- Light in weight.
- Warms the ball correctly
- Causes no damage
- Automatic heat circulation.
- It takes 1 hour per ball.
- It cannot handle more than 110V without a converter.
Why should you buy this?
Salmon Creek NuBall is a perfect bowling ball spinner for regular use. It warms the ball at an accurate temperature without causing it any harm. It takes about 1 hour per ball. It runs on a very minimum voltage, and it can be easily ported.
Pyramid Phoenix spinner has a unique heating system. To ensure the proper extraction of dirt and oil, it heats the ball from the bottom. It also ensures that oil and dirt do not soak deeper into the cover stock of the bowling ball. It also has a Digital Display that shows you the temperature reading. It also has a ventilated base that is removable. All these unique features make this spinner one of the best bowling ball spinners.
- For easier transportation, this spinner can be separated into smaller parts.
- The digital display helps you to keep an eye on the temperature.
- The readout also enables you to know about the remaining extraction time.
- Ball cracking and an automatic shut-off prevent overheating.
- To ensure proper extraction, this spinner heats the ball from the bottom.
- It completely removes all the dirt and oil.
- The ball cup serves as a ventilated base.
- The base is removable, and when required, it can be used as a ball cup.
- The cylinder has a diameter of 14 inches.
- Phoenix Revivor is 15 inches high, which makes it very easy to use.
The unique heating system of Phoenix Revivor extracts all the dirt and oil from the bowling. It starts heating the ball from the bottom, which helps clean it effectively.
The ball cup in this Revivor can be used as a ventilated base. This makes the extraction process efficient and precise. Another great point is that the ventilated base is removable and can be used as the ball cup when required.
The Pyramid Phoenix Revivor has a digital display. It has multiple benefits. You can keep an eye on the temperature, and it also enables you to learn about the remaining time beforehand.
- Efficient Extraction.
- The digital display helps track the temperature.
- Removable ventilated base.
- Unique heating system.
- The perfect diameter of 14 inches.
- It requires a bit of effort to break down into individual parts.
Why should you buy this?
The Pyramid Phoenix Revivor is an excellent tool for cleansing your bowling balls. IT ensures the complete extraction of dirt and oil, and it is very easy to use. Its dimensions are reliable, and it makes for a great bowling ball spinner.
Innovative ball revivor is an excellent ball spinner that works efficiently and cleans the ball effectively. The standard is that of a professional revivor. It has a built-in circulating heat phenomenon that makes sure that all the oil and dirt from the ball is getting extracted completely. Its superior quality makes it one of the best bowling ball spinners to own.
- Innovative Revivor can hold one ball at once.
- It has a built-in circulating heat phenomenon.
- The heat extracts the oil efficiently.
- The spinner is durable and lasts for a long time.
- It keeps the ball safe.
- The spinner should be used every 25-30 games.
- The ball looks renovated once the oil has been extracted.
- Innovative Revivor circulates the heat evenly; this does not cause any damage to the ball.
- It is easy to use just plug in and it is set.
- The temperature of the top part gets up to 132F.
The innovative Bowling Ball Revivor keeps the temperature moderate. The temperature of its top parts gets up to 132F, while the ball is at 120F. It heats the ball correctly, without damaging it.
This ball spinner works by circulating heat equally in the bowl. As a result, the oil is extracted precisely from the ball, making the ball very neat.
Modification of a Professional Machine
This Revivor is a modification of a professional machine. It should be used every 25-30 games. The bowl holds one ball at once and cleanses it thoroughly. It has excellent quality and is very reliable.
- Thoroughly washes the ball.
- Optimum temperature.
- It causes no damage to the ball
- It should be used every 25-30 games.
- No digital display for temperature.
Why should you buy this?
If you want a bowling ball spinner with excellent quality and works perfectly, you should buy an Innovative Personal Bowling Ball Revivor. It extracts all the oil from the ball and retains its original quality.
All parts of the Innovative Personal Ball Spinner are made up of Nylon. This feature makes the spinner indestructible and very reliable. This spinner also comes with a five years warranty. The spinner weighs about 220.46 Pounds. Its durability makes it one of the best bowling ball spinners. To learn more about this spinner, keep reading its features:
- All parts of the spinner are made up of Nylon.
- For lasting reliability, this spinner has a stout switch.
- The motor is protected from debris and dirt by a protective cap.
- The spinner works greatly at 115 Volts.
- The spinner is easily portable.
- It has weatherproof bearing shafts that make it durable.
- The innovative spinner has a 5-year warranty.
- Creative spinner is perfect for polishing and sanding your bowling ball.
- It is ideal for tournaments as well as for school teams.
- The machine is exact and does not wobble
The innovative spinner is made up of Nylon that makes it extremely reliable and durable. It is indestructible. These features assure the long-lasting quality of this spinner.
The innovative spinner weighs about 220.46 Pounds, and despite its weight, it can be easily portable. This is because its parts are detachable and can be connected easily afterward.
The spinner is extremely reliable because of its specific parts that add to its life. The motor is shielded from dirt and debris by a protective cap. To withstand regular usage, premium weatherproof bearing shafts help the machine.
- Easily portable.
- Indestructible parts.
- 5-year warranty.
- Does not have speed control
Why should you buy this?
This spinner is reliable and comes with a 5 years warranty. Its parts are made up of Nylon, and it’s motor work on 115 Volt. It cleanses the ball and can be used for a long time.
The bowlerstore spinner has all cast aluminum base and machined shafts and bolts. The spinner has a horsepower motor and is known to work for many years. It has different working speeds, low and high. It is one of the best bowling ball spinnersbecause of the industrial-strength paint that makes it very reliable.
- The aluminum base makes the spinner durable and long-lasting.
- The paint is of industrial strength and does not wear off.
- The spinner works on two-speed levels.
- The low-speed level involves 400 RPMs.
- The high-speed level includes 600 RPMs.
- The spinner is known to last for more than 20 years.
- It has a horsepower motor.
- All bolts and shafts are machined.
- A splash card cover shields motor.
- This spinner is sturdy and smooth in its operations.
Different Speed Levels
The spinner has two-speed levels; High and Low. 600 RPMs mark high-speed station, and low-speed level includes 400 RPMs.
The base of the spinner is built with Aluminum. It also has industrial strength paint that does not wear off. These characteristics make it a much better spinner than other plastic body spinners.
The spinner has a horsepower motor, and all its bolts and shafts are machined. It works very smoothly. It is an incredibly built spinner, and it is very sturdy.
- Easily portable.
- Aluminum base.
- Horsepower motor.
- Sturdy and reliable.
- Low and high-speed levels.
- A bit expensive
Why should you buy this?
Due to its vital building material, customers have liked this spinner very much. Moreover, the smooth functioning has made this product enlisted on our review.
Buyers Guide: Best Bowling Ball Spinners
In this article, we explained the five best bowling ball spinners. We described their features, pros, and cons. All of them varied a bit in their quality and features, but they are of excellent quality. Usually, a customer has in his mind the kind of product he needs. Therefore, he does not face any difficulty in choosing the right product for himself. However, sometimes, the buyer becomes overwhelmed by the variety and finds it difficult to choose the one item that will prove useful. We have compiled this list of the primary features for the customers’ ease, and they should keep it in mind while looking for a bowling ball spinner. We are hopeful it will help you to choose the right product.
Most of the spinners in the market have an abrupt heating phenomenon, which damages the bowling ball. It also does not extract the oil and dirt properly, leaving the ball a bit dirty. We recommend buying a spinner that has a circulating heat phenomenon. When the heat circulates in the spinner bowl, it heats the bowling ball equally. It also precisely cleanses the ball, extracting all the oil and dirt. This increases the ball’s life span because an equal amount of heat does not damage the ball and keep its cover intact.
Most of the spinners have a plastic body. The plastic body spinners are not very long-lasting or reliable. They are not very portable either because of the danger of getting the plastic body cracked or fractured. Innovative Personal Ball Spinner has all its parts made up of Nylon, making them indestructible and highly durable. Similarly, Bowler store Products Innovative 2 Speed Ball Spinner has an Aluminum base. The metal core makes the spinner sturdy overall and lasts for a long time.
Some bowling ball spinners have a digital display that helps the user keep track of the spinner bowls inside temperature and the time duration. Pyramid Phoenix Personal Bowling Ball Revivor has a digital display, and it has proved to very helpful in this regard.
Different bowling ball spinners require an additional amount of voltage to operate. Most of the spinners operate at 110 Volts or slightly more voltage; however, if the number exceeds 200 Volts, a separate converter must be attached to support more Watts. The best thing about the spinners using 110-115 Volts is that they efficiently cleanse a bowling ball within an hour.
Most of the spinners take almost an hour to cleanse a bowling ball. All the dirt and oil is wholly extracted in this duration. Some spinners take more time than this. Since most of the spinner bowls can cleanse only one ball at a time, one hour of the period is ample time.
A few other factors other than those described above determine a bowling ball spinner’s quality and validity. Some of the spinners also come with a five years warranty.
If you think of purchasing the spinner online, you can easily order one such brilliant quality spinner from Amazon. Amazon delivers the product on time, and if you do not like the quality, you can get a refund too.
Advantages of Having a Bowling Ball Spinner
Having a bowling ball spinner has many advantages. Such as:
Cleanse the bowling ball
Bowling ball spinners are renowned because of their ability to correctly extract all the oil and dirt from a bowling ball. Since most of them have automatic circulating heat, the ball rotates, and an equal level of heat from all sides cleanses it thoroughly. This increases the span of the ball and makes it new.
Sand the ball
The spinner rotates the ball at whatever speed you want it to, and this way, you can evenly sand your bowling ball and polish its surface. It becomes complicated to polish the ball without a spinner.
Owning a bowling ball spinner improves your bowling equipment, improves your gaming ability, and enhances performance. It also increases your bowling balls’ life span as you can renew their surface whenever you want to. Therefore, it is often recommended to purchase your bowling ball spinner as it is very readily available both in e-stores and other sports stores.
How do you Resurface a Bowling Ball with a Spinner?
Resurfacing a bowling ball is super easy if you have a spinner. As its name indicates, the spinner spins the ball and makes the resurfacing process much simpler and more manageable. Given below are the instructions to resurface your bowling ball using a spinner?
- First of all, place the ball on the spinner. Make sure that finger holes are placed on top.
- To avoid making any mistake, set the spinner speed at the lowest. Setting the speed at high might cause some issues.
- First, understand the grit level of the pad before using a sanding agent on the bowling ball. The sanding pads range starts from 180 grit, and it can go up as high as 4000. Evidence exists that the higher the grit number, the smoother the surface of the bowling ball gets. When you are using the lower grit sanding agent, apply excessive pressure for some time. Lower grit has another significant advantage, and it is that it makes your ball perform better on oily surfaces.
- Start sanding your ball. Go through all the ball exposed areas evenly, and once you have covered half of the ball, place the finger holes of the ball at the bottom. Keep sanding the ball until the whole surface is covered.
- After you are done sanding the bowling ball, spray water over it to get rid of the dirt. Wipe it clean with a scarf. Now, apply the polishing agent and ensure that the bowling ball spinner is set at its highest speed. With a scarf, spread the polishing agent evenly on the entire surface of the ball.
Best Bowling Ball Spinners: FAQs
How often should I be using the bowling ball spinner?
It will help if you use your bowling ball spinner whenever you feel your bowling ball needs to be resurfaced. Usually, a freshly polished ball keeps well till 60 games. At your sixtieth game, you might feel that its surface has gotten rough. Once you feel the oil and dust getting accumulated on it, you should use the spinner and cleanse your ball.
How do you buy the best bowling ball spinning machine?
You can buy the best bowling ball spinner machines on Amazon at reasonable prices. All the features and qualities of the spinner are mentioned in the description. You can also buy a spinner from your nearby sports store.
How do I make my bowling ball spin more?
Rolling off the ball from your hand by first releasing the thumb gives the ball the torque it needs to spin. The angle with which you hold the ball also determines its speed. The greater the angle, the better is the scoring possibility. 15-degree clock-wise rotation also adds to the spin of the ball.
Although all the products we reviewed in this article are the best, our personal favorite is the Pyramid Phoenix Personal Bowling Ball Revivor. It also has a digital display system that allows the user to keep an eye on the temperature and time duration. It works on very low voltage and cleanses the ball efficiently.
- Revolutionary Heating System - The Phoenix heats your bowling ball from the bottom to ensure proper extraction of the dirt and oil without allowing them to soak deeper in your bowling ball's coverstock.
- Digital Timer with Automatic Shut-off - The Pyramid Phoenix features a digital display to let you know what temperature your unit is heating at and how much time is left. Unlike other units on the market, the Phoenix will automatically shut-off after the pre-set time. This feature ensures that you will not over heat your bowling ball or leave it in the unit for too long.
- Removable Ventilated Ball Cup - Our uniquely designed ball cup serves as a ventilated base while using your Phoenix but is also removable and can be used as a ball cup for any other purpose.
- Easily Break Down - Your Phoenix was designed to assemble quickly and easily as well as break down for easier storage or transportation. The Pyramid Phoenix Revivor is 15 inches high (38.1 cm) and the cylinder has a diameter of 14 inches (35.56 cm) when fully built.
- Built by Bowlers for Bowlers - The Phoenix was built by a team of bowlers who have used similar units over the years and set out to make a better machine. The development of your Phoenix was tested over a 3 year period to be sure Pyramid was bringing a superior product to market at an affordable price
In this article, we talked about the five best bowling ball spinners. We also mentioned their features, pros, and cons. We highly recommend all these spinner machines because our own experience with these spinners has been outstanding. We are hopeful you will find our review helpful in choosing a bowling ball spinner for yourself. Thank you for reading. Take Care!
Carl works as a charted account by day, and sports enthusiast and amateur fiction writer by the weekend. He was a multi-sport athlete in his school days and played Division 3 lacrosse in college. He is a gear freak and is always looking for an excuse to upgrade his sports equipment. When not working or playing, he likes to hike and explore the countryside. Carl is a certified basketball athlete by the Basketball Association of America and has participated National Basketball League in 2016. He played for Akron Goodyear Wingfoot’s.
Moreover, Carl is also a badminton expert and he is playing it since 2006 when he was at standard 8. He has won several badminton championships and one remarkable is the Yonex USA International 2015. Also, he is an expert in Bowling.
Carl is the Co-Founder & Editor-In-Chief of Indoor Games Zone. He shares his expertise on basketball, badminton, and bowling on our website to help people get the best tips and products they are searching for.
Last update on 2022-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API